Chapter Sixteen

Mary's POV
Two weeks later, it was the day of my wedding with Ajax. My siblings, especially my sister, was my chief bridesmaid for my wedding. My brother was my fatherly figure, as he would be the one to walk me down the aisles.
My family started crying when I came down the stairs and there was a black limousine parked outside waiting for us to enter and start going to the church.
His family had invited guests from across the world to attend, including his business associates. I really don't know much about them, and I didn't want to seem like a noisy person.
Mom took pictures of us, and she was happy that she would be moving in with Ajax and me as we would be taking good care of her.
My brother opened the car door for us to enter before he got in, and we drove to the church that I would be getting married in.
It was a very big cathedral and the church of Ajax and his family. When I saw the cathedral, I started sweating, and my mom and siblings tried to soothe me by saying everything was okay.
I accepted it, and when we finally reached our destination, I saw his dad waiting patiently outside, and before I got down, he gave me his hand to bring me out. I accepted his hand, and he took me to where my brother would take me in.
When I walked down the aisles, all eyes were on me, and Ajax smiled at me when I came to where he was standing with the priest. He took my hand from my brother, and when he was told to remove my veil, he did so immediately.
The priest told me to say my vows, and he did the same with Ajax. When he asked the crowd, "Does anyone have any reasons why this couple shouldn't be together?" he said, "Say it now or forever hold your peace." I was really scared as someone might object to this marriage to him. But when I turned, no one dared challenge Ajax by objecting to the wedding, as everyone sat on their seats and no one could stand up. Fear was evident on their faces, but they all kept calm and told the priest to continue with the wedding.
With no other choice, as no one responded to what the priest had asked, the priest replied, "Now I join these two in holy matrimony and be in union with themselves and our Lord Jesus."
He now said you may kiss your bride, and immediately, Ajax kissed me, and the whole crowd cheered as we kissed and when the wedding ended for us to go to the wedding reception to celebrate.
Everyone came to congratulate us, and his mom said to me, "Welcome to the family." And I replied, "Thank you for accepting me into the family."
Ajax took me to his limousine that he had gotten for the wedding, and the gentleman that he was, he opened the car door and I got in with him.
And we headed straight to the wedding reception to celebrate, and before that, I needed to change my wedding gown into that of a wedding reception gown.

My wedding ring and that of Ajax:
My wedding ring:

My wedding ring and that of Ajax:My wedding ring:

Ajax wedding ring: