Chapter 04

"Guarda dove stai andando," I say lowly while pushing the lit butt of my cigarette into the side of the soldatos cheek

(watch where you're going)

"Scusa, capo" he flinches slightly bowing his head. I walk past him shaking my head.

Turning the knob of my conference room door I'm met with greek and Italian flowing through the room. It dies down just as quickly.

"Sei in ritardo" the gruff voice of my father sounds from the head of the table. (you're late).

"Mi sono presentato, vero?" I cast a bored glance at him, catching the roll of his eye. (I showed up didn't I?)

I sit down in the chair on his right. I get comfortable spreading my legs and, looking around the room. The eyes of my brothers watch me carefully, not in fear. I'd never hurt them, maybe in alarm.

"There are four upcoming gangs that are starting to become a problem" Papà clears his throat, looking at us all.

"saints ranked number four, those who stole from us," he tells.

"the snakes number three, mostly hits and weapon trafficking"

"the serpents, clubs, hits and human trafficking"

"then vipers is the most powerful gang. Does all of the above plus drug trafficking" he finishes.

"let's take them down then," Marcello says.

"they'll take themselves out. They're Rivali aren't they, when the last gang has gained power they'll be at their weakest. Then we eliminare them" I say reaching for the whiskey on the table.

"It's one in the afternoon" Matteo grumbles.

"cheers" I nod at him, swallowing the amber liquid.

"If we blow up one of the serpents clubs it'll lead straight to the snakes," Luciano says, rubbing his jaw.

"Nomi creativi" Leonardo mumbles.

"I can arrange that," Alessio says.

"don't you have school?" dad says.

"I'll do it after practice" he shrugs.

The door opens and Mamma walks in with a bunch of bags in her hands. She kisses us all on the cheeks before standing beside dad.

They whisper some stuff to each other, glares and threats emit from both of them. At last, dad stands up.

"Tua Madre has made dinner, Lupe and Mariabella are already at home," he says.

"whipped" Alessio coughs.

"I'm no―"

"you better be" mamma glares at our father. I stand up rolling my shoulders and wincing slightly.