Chapter 08

I've come to the conclusion that men are not needed on this earth

"you're getting on my nerves Adrian, I already told you it won't happen again" I stare at him.

Dumbass.

"but what made you change your mind? Did I do something wrong" he frowns.

Hell.

Yes, sadly I hooked up with Adrian. Not one, not two but three times. It was a long time ago, rebound sex I guess.

Alexandria's father left about a week after her birth. We broke up some months before that though.

"Adrian let go, find some girl that will make you happy. It happened a long time ago, it's time to move on" I say.

"but―"

"leave"

"Simone" he tries, my patience ran out and I barely register the bullet firing from my gun and into his left arm.

"When I tell you to leave you leave, no questions asked. Don't fucking test me" I seethe. He nods with his eyes trained on the floor before turning around.

"Sorry boss" he mumbles by the door, closing it I'm left with a bunch of requests to answer.

Amir set up another online service, unable to be tracked without a device he designed himself. That's how we take on clients.

Work, work, and more work.

"boss?" I hear a knock on my door.

"yes, Jonathan?" I say looking up from my computer. He sits down in the chair in front of my desk.

"There's a proposal for you, about a meeting, the snakes to be precise," he says.

"now which one is that, their names are so creative that they are synonyms to each other" I roll my eyes looking back to my screen.

"hits and weapons right?" I say, he nods.

"yes, they want to arrange a meeting. Business proposal for you I suppose" he says.

"they're killing me aren't they?" I raise my eyebrows. Saints climbed up to the fourth-highest-ranked gang in the city. Slowly we're tearing the others down, remember how I was kidnapped a while ago? Yes, that was the vipers. Probably looking to sell me, that's one of the major reasons they have to be taken down.

"yes, Amir tracked down their calls, the leader. Zoltan will be the one killing you, or Sainte of course" he says.

"well book it in," I say.

"Are you suicidal?" he deadpans.

No, maybe a bit horny.

Where's Alessandro, something about the way he made me come multiple times in one night makes me mad that he has to be who he is.

Would it be a crime to fuck someone and then take down their whole mafia?

No, yes.

"well no one is allowed to even think about killing me, have to pull them down a few pegs"

All the way into the grave.

"you're crazy" he shakes his head standing up.

"deal with it" I give him a sarcastic smile.

"by the way, I heard you hooked up with Lombardi," he says and I stop tapping on my keyboard. My eyes slowly move to his and I can see he's on the verge of laughing by how his throat moves and his lips are twisted.

"you fucking―" I grab my knife getting up from my chair. He starts running but I grab his shirt yanking him back. Somehow he ends up landing on top of me.

"Are we about to kiss right now?" he stares into my eyes.

"as if" I scowl kicking him off me and he chuckles, he has one of those laughs that makes you laugh as well because he sounds like fucking goofy from Donald duck.

"get out"

"that's not what you told Alessandro" he laughs, leaving.

I make a mental note to not tell Sloane any of my business again.

"let's get this meeting started shall we" he clasps his hands looking at Adrian. Here we go again.

Like I always say, they assume.

"There seems to be some commotion between the Vipers and serpents. This would be the right time for us to form an alliance and strike together" Zoltan explains to Adrian.

"why would we form a truce?" I speak up. Zoltan sighs before turning to me, damn. Pardon me for being annoying.

"you shall not speak unless spoken to, woman" he dismisses.

"We could take them both down then lead side by side. We'd be the most powerful gang and soon we could take upon the American mafia" he continues explaining.

I tap my nails against the tables watching Zoltan make a fool of himself. Not the first and definitely not the last one, Adrian seems to be the only face― body of Sainte.

Our faces remain unknown due to the ski masks.

"Now what do you say?" he asks pushing a paper contract towards Adrian.

"I still can't grasp why that would benefit you as a solo mob" I speak up again after the past hour.

"learn how to shut up!" he lashes out and I scoff.

"what do you say, Sainte?" he looks at Adrian impatiently. Adrian slowly looks down at the paper before putting his hands on the table.

"Well I think it's a great idea, but I'm not the boss," he tells.

"then who's the boss?" the man grumbles.

"pleasure to meet you Zoltan" I voice sarcastically, he slowly turns around the color vanishing from his face.

"the leader of the saints is me. Surprisingly a woman who hadn't learned to shut up" I greet smirking underneath the mask.

"My apologies, please consider this. It's a huge opportunity" he cowers away.

I grab the pen and the paper scribbling down on it quickly. Just as I lay the pen on the table I notice Zoltan reaching for something.

Body language.

"a shame really," I shake my head grabbing the gun strapped to my thigh. A bullet goes through his skull.

"clean this up I have to make a call," I say.