Chapter 13

"boat" Alexandria holds up the tractor

"no darling that's a tractor" I whisper lathering the shampoo on her head. She plays with her cars while I bathe her. My darling got a hold of the lasagna I was feeding her.

I looked away one time.

"Look mommy," she holds up a dinosaur.

"what does that say?" I ask her.

"rawr!" she giggles scrunching her face up while making a claw motion.

"yes, rawr!" I do one back and her soft giggles fill the bathroom. Warming my heart and bringing a smile to my face.

"I love you mama" she pluckers her lips.

"I love you too baby" I smile giving her a quick peck before getting the towel.

"Ice ice baby" she shivers laying her head on my chest. I wrap her up into a burrito before walking away into my room. I lotion her before using the ointment for eczema on the back of her knee.

"what do you want to wear today?" I ask her.

"match with mommy, overalls!" she claps her hands.

"I am not wearing overalls," I tell her. She stands up on the bed grabbing my cheeks with her cute, chubby little hands.

"yes. you. are." she says slowly while nodding.

Excuse me?

"girl" I raise my eyebrows but she shushes me while nodding with a smile on her face.

I roll my eyes poking her Dimples, getting up I walk over to the wardrobe. With two overalls in my hands and tank tops under my arms.

"What shoes?" asking as she dresses herself. Reaching for a pair of mochas in both our sizes I turn around and she's already dressed.

"you look so beautiful," I tell her pecking her nose. Getting ready I grab my purse and her. We walk down to the garage and the illuminating lights flicker on.

"Which car darling?"

"uhm― hmm" she pats her cheek and I roll my eyes. This girl.

"the black Porsche?" I ask.

"Right, I just forgot the name" she rolls her eyes grabbing my hand.

I strap her into the seat and then we're off. Along the road we sing along to Rihanna and even without her knowing the words, homegirl sure put her voice into it.

"mall, mall, mall" she claps her hands doing a little dance as I lift her out of the chair and shut the door.

"what do you want to get, Bubba?" I say holding onto her little hand as we enter the crowded mall.

"Last time when― when I got the uhm―" you know that thing kids do when they try to tell stories but they stutter so much. It's happening right now, can't decide if it's annoying or adorable.