Chapter 44

Vladimir Koskov

Vladimir Koskov.

The man, the myth, the soon-to-be corpse.

"you scare me" Alessandro watches me wipe the blood off my cheek.

"as if you aren't the one who cut him up over there" I nod to the corner of the room, the sight disgusting yet reliving.

"hmm, we're done here are we not?" he asks.

"a second" I turn back to the man. "who ordered the hit?" I hold him up by his frail hair.

"I don't know what you're talking about" he talks, blood falling from his mouth.

"Alessandro hand me the pliers," I say. He walks over with them, I lift, making it bite down on one of the poor man's teeth.

"one" I press down, and his eyes widen in fear.

"two" I start twisting the tooth, and he screams.

"th―"

"Fine, I'll tell you" he panics, a small smile raises on my lips as I remove the tool from his disgusting mouth.

"t-he hit w-wasn't run thro-ugh with the Босс, Koskov di-didn't tell anyone. As far as I kn-know boss still does-n't k-know. The wa-war with the Italians was far more important― th-than two assassins gone miss-ing. Not many peop-ople know this but it's not a secret either" his head hits the floor when I drop him.

"thank you for your cooperation" I smile raising the white gun, a golden bullet flies straight through his skull.

It's been a few months since Christmas. Alexandria's birthday is in two days, the 24th of June.

I did in fact not sign away my gang. After a few negotiations here and there, we managed to form a truce. It helped that Alessandro is becoming the Don in November as well.

"what about the Agnellos?" I ask.

Silence.

"any ideas?" I say looking around the table where everyone seems deep in thought.

"We could..." Sloane trials of. "we could order a hit, that would probably be the easiest way. No attention drawn to us and we have the Italians' protection now" she says, I hum hearing a scoff from the other side of the table.

"anything you want to share?" I tilt my head towards Adrian.

"I don't get why we need the Italians' protection, weren't we about to take them down and no you're fucking the heir and somehow all of us have to adapt to it," he says.

"well of course you have, I'm the leader" I state.

"bu―"

"Adrian sometimes I question your brain capacity. What I say goes, we agreed on taking down the Italians on my conditions. And that has changed now" I say slowly.