Chapter 19

"we're acting on impulse here I see" Adam shakes his head

"They need to die," I say continuing to study the blueprint of the warehouse.

"that's something you something to hear from your best friend" he mumbles under his breath.

"right, wrong person. What's up?" I ask rubbing my forehead.

"Well, I think I'm imaging stuff but Rafael has been acting kind of weird lately," he says sitting down beside me.

"Okay, how do you mean?" I move my legs up on the sofa, tucking them underneath me while I drink the warm liquid in the cup.

"well he's kind of jumpy you know like he's hiding something" he sighs.

"Well, work has been stressful for him. You guys are all over the magazines" I say.

"yeah, but you don't understand he is hiding something" he shakes his head.

"want me to talk to him?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"no, I can do that myself. Are you going to explain to me why you're planning on killing the man who took my number one spot from Alexandria's favorite list?" he smirks.

"Because they killed my parents" I shrug.

"you don't know that," he says.

"they were from the Italian mafia, yes I know that he was behind it," I say.

"How?"

"When will you guys be back?" I look at my mother. Her glowing skin makes the color of the dress feel alive.

"not sure about that honey, maybe early tomorrow or in the evening" she kisses my cheek.

"Who are you meeting again?" I say.

"the big boss, the eagle" dad comes up behind her, wrapping her up in a big hug.

"you going with the fro mama?" I ask.

"yes of course, just because your dad insisted on braiding down his beautiful hair doesn't mean I'm falling for that foolery" she shakes her head.

"you like the rows, my love" he pecks her cheek.

"he's delusional" she shakes her head.

"not what you said last n―"

"dad!" I scold him and they laugh.

"Remember what we told you, if something happens look for the big eagle. The answers will be given to you" he says.

They open their arms for me, I step into them. The sweet coconut scent from the two of them fills my nostrils. "we love you peanut" they say kissing my head.