Chapter 32

My heart drops

My heart drops.

I knew I'd forgotten something, I fucking knew it. As quickly as possible I move my feet after Alessandro. I've messed up big time. My heart beats quickly, grabbing his hand just as he's about to open the door. I flinch when he rips it away from me.

"I deserved that," I say, he turns around his eyes colder than ice however there's an unfamiliar fire behind them. Not the good type.

"is your phone not working?" he says, his voice sounding de-connected, I mentally prepare myself for what is to come.

"Dria hid it somewhere and I didn't have the energy to search for it," I say honestly.

"you didn't think to check your phone the whole day?" he scoffs.

"I did but I couldn't, she hid it" stating the same thing again, and the words seem to completely fly over his head.

"where were you then?" he crosses his arms.

"I'm sorry Alessandro I forgot," I say he rolls his eyes, hands trembling.

"you forgot, huh? That's great to hear" he turns towards the door. I step in front of him and he glares at me. I open my mouth to explain but he beats me to it.

"you fucking forgot when you know how important that was for me. I told you in advance, yet you still make no effort to schedule it or hang up a simple note not to forget?" he spits.

"I always remember every single little thing you want to do without any problem because I care about you. Your interests and life matter to me. But clearly, you don't give a shit about me because you didn't even take the little time to tell me that you weren't going to make it" his breathing is uneven as red starts to creep up his neck.

"of course, I care about you. I was just preoccupied with Alexandria and Damon. I forgot to―"

"of course you fucking were" he rolls his eyes.

"What is that supposed to mean" I narrow my eyes.

"you know exactly what I mean. It's always Damon this Damon that" he says.

"no, it's not, you don't have to be jealous" I scowl.

"I don't have to be jealous, I don't have to be fucking jealous?!" he scoffs.

"yes you don't have to be, we're just friends," I say softly.

"you're just friends. Woah what a relief you know I'm just friends with my exes too, especially those I used to stick my dick in on every given occasion. You're just friends but you're that close to each other? You're just friends but you have a child together, he practically lives here!" he shouts.

"Well, what do you want me to do, take Alexandria's father away from her? I can't do that I'm not a monster" I say.

"Simone stop being so fucking dense" he taps his head. "this isn't about Damon being her father. This is about you constantly choosing him over me at any given time. Want to go out? No Damon has to spend time with Alexandria and I have to be there. Can I come over? Yeah sure but I'm going to talk to Damon at any point given time" he says.