Chapter 14

"what do you want?" I ask him

"fries!" Alexandria beats him to it.

"a large burger menu will be fine," he says.

"okay" I nod leaving him and Alexandria by the table to order our food on the screen. I can see them from here and he appears to be very interested in her babbling.

I only have like fifty bucks in cash on me so I have to go over to the register to pay. They hand me that buzz thingy and I walk back.

"that's why you're going to marry my mama" she whispers not so quietly and I scowl.

"Alexandria?" I scoff and she jumps before giggling sheepishly.

"got your own wingman, yeah?" he smirks.

"depends, does it work?" I joke.

"well see, not really" he shrugs.

I get our food after the buzzer does its thing. Alexandria demands on sitting in Alessandro's lap making me a little sour.

"here" she holds a fry out to me dipped in a little sauce. I pretend to bite her hand making her squeal before I eat the tasty fry.

"Now you," she says and I pick one up putting it in front of her but she turns her head.

"no, Alexandriandro" she points to him and I furrow my eyebrows.

Alexandriandro?

Slowly I move my eyes to his. They're guarded, he looks a little tired, almost as if I feel bad for him.

I could never.

I raise it to his mouth, and Alessandro's eyes follow my movement. The fry lands on his tongue, his lips gently brush my fingers. A shiver goes up my arm, I watch him with hooded eyes.

How is he so fine?

"good?" Alexandria says looking up at him.

"Πολύ καλά"
(very good)

Alexandria looks at him as if he's crazy before reaching for me. A laugh escapes my lips at her frightened state. Poor thing doesn't hear many different languages often and his voice turned deeper when he spoke.

"Did I scare you piccolina?" he asks rubbing her back. She nods quickly.

"okay say this with me― Είμαι γενναίος" he whispers.
(I'm brave)

"Eímilai gennaíonios" she sludders pronouncing it badly.

"let's try again― Είμαι γενναίος" he repeats.

"Είμαι γενναίος" she repeats almost perfectly.

"yes Cara, you're brave right" he encourages.