Chapter 26

"Mommy why you're carrying me aw― Alexandriadro!" Alexandria screams jumping from her mother's arms running up to me

"Alex!" I pick her up mid run throwing her up in the air hearing her giggles.

"I missed you!" she says wrapping her tiny arms around my neck. I rub her back watching her sway side to side.

"I missed you too, Cara," I say.

"Cara means dear," she says pulling away to let her chubby hands hold my face.

"woah you remember" I smile pecking her cheek.

"yes I rember!" she pronounce the word remember a bit funny and her mother laughs.

"Where are your uncles and aunt?" Simone asks her placing a hand on her hip.

"I don't knoo" she falls backward and I catch her swiftly pushing her up again. She giggles clapping her hands before throwing herself back again, this time my arm is firm and she stays in her place with a frown.

"Alexandria," Simone says in an authority-laced voice. This has me wondering when Alexandria's bedtime is. Perhaps she could have a quick nap and I could take care of her mother.

"Simone, girl tell me all the detai― well hello" a woman appears from out of nowhere. She's tall with big curls bouncing over her shoulders, a bit looser than my Simone's. Her eyes are dark and almond-shaped.

"Buona giornata" I greet nodding my head toward her.

She blinks before a big smile rises on her face as she whispers something that has Simone rolling her eyes. Still, her cheeks grow warm at whatever the woman whispered to her.

"I'm Sloane, Simone's one and only best friend" she introduces herself.

"Alessandro" I state and Alexandria turns her head to look up at me.

"Alexandriadro, I say" she points to herself and I nod.

"welcome home" a man appears from where Sloane entered. His hair is blond and his irises blue, his height being pretty average.

His hoodie-clad arms wrap around my Simone. His lips meet the side of her head and my eye twitches.

How come I've never seen or heard this Tizio before? How come he has his arms wrapped around my girl? How come I've contained myself for about thirty seconds and he's still holding her? Completely oblivious to my stare, by the way, she's reacting this seems to be normal.

I can feel my heart starting to beat a bit too quickly in my chest. Pumping out blood rapidly through my veins as my breathing turns irregular. I remember taking my pills when we ate around an hour ago. Maybe they didn't get digested properly because I can feel the anger starting to pour down my veins.

Why is he holding her like that?

"Alexandriadro, I'm talking to you" Alexandria takes a hold of my face, turning it to her but my eyes remain on Simone basking in the arms of another man.