Chapter 20

"you aren't eating again?" he asks Alexandria

"no!" she shouts and I stand up.

"Please feed her, I need to make a very important call" I plead.

"Sure, it's fine" he yawns.

"listen to uncle Adam now," I tell Alexandria sternly

I walk down a level of the house, not the basement but still underground. Making my way up to the huge oak door I place my thumb against the sensor.

A green light scans my eye before the door clicks open. I enter my big office grabbing my work phone.

I dial the number of our new client. It rings two times before it opens. "Sainte" I state shorty. There's a voice changer installed. As you know, sadly I can't have anyone know I'm a woman in this sexist world.

"uhm hi, I'm Kai j―"

"get to the point" I command.

"Well, my coworker touched my son in inappropriate ways while I went to the bathroom. I found her on top of him and I don't know what to do" she cries into the phone.

Something tugs my heart and I sigh. "name?" I say.

"Margaret Beischel" she states.

"pleasure making business with you, she'll be taken care of," I say after scribbling down the name on a paper in front of me.

"thank you so much," she says gratefully.

"not a word and we're good," I say before hanging up. I write a mail before sending it down to the computer compartment. They'll run a background check and if I have time I'll stop by little Margaret by myself.

I rise from my chair, Alexandria should be done with eating by now and she has wash day today.

"Alex!" I muse stepping into the living room. She turns her head with a straw in her mouth from the apple juice package she's holding.

"Mommy!" she shouts just as enthusiastically before jumping off the couch.

I pick her up mid-run spinning around and she giggles. "you ate all your food?" I ask and she nods kissing my cheek.

"do you know what today is?" I smile and she narrows her eyes, mirroring her action she starts to struggle against my hold.

"no wash!" she pouts.

"yes wash!" I tell her. She struggles against my hold and I start to carry her toward my wing.

Lord help me.

Missions.

See all gangs perform acts of service, one way or another. Saints do a lot of things, we own some cafés and gyms. That is for the clean side, then we have the hits and firearm trafficking.

What makes us different from these and many other leagues is that we are a reverse gang. Yes, we're an organized crime group and yes we kill people.

But we're civilized and refuse to touch the common people walking on the street. We fight other crimes with crime, these gangs are awful and the three of them take part in trafficking, drug abuse, and kidnapping.

Do you see where I'm getting at?

We aren't the power rangers or teen titans. But sometimes people can be bad and good at the same time.

"you like to touch little kids huh?" I taut running my blade against the middle-aged lady's cheek.

"I do-don't know who to-told you that" she whimpers as the blood runs down her pale face.

"you aren't denying it" I state getting the lighter.

"no sh-she's lying I would never do that to Mason, ever!" she exclaims and I shake my head clicking my tongue.

"When did I mention someone named Mason?" I ask slowly pushing the blade into her naked thigh.

"I-I" she stutters pathetically.

"no, no use your words. Tell me to stop" I say lightening up the flame and bringing it to her inner thigh.

"s-stop" she whispers.

"no, I can't hear you," I say burning her where it hurts the most and she lets out a high-pitched scream.

"s-stop!" she shouts.

"well you didn't stop when he told you to stop, what would you have done if his mom didn't enter on time?" I turn off the lighter.

"I was lonely okay! I didn't have anyone to―"

"so you decide to try to have sex with a thirteen-year-old kid?" I ask and she looks down at the floor.

"fuck you, Margaret, you'll die lonely and forgotten. Hear me when I say no one has ever loved nor cared about you. That's why you didn't get those jobs you wanted, that's why you didn't win prom queen, and that's why your husband has a baby with another woman" I whisper in her ear before pushing the blade down into her thigh, so deep it disappeared.

"Please let me go" she pleads.

"Now where's the fun in that?" I laugh. The look in her eyes is priceless, horrified she looks at me as I back away to the table with a bunch of my equipment.

"I'm sorry" her voice cracks.

"I'm not" I raise the fire blast to her. Pressing the button for a few seconds I can hear her screams sounding like music to my ears.

"Now you'll die in here, all alone" I whisper.