Chapter 09

I heave a sigh as I lift a babbling Alexandria into the bathtub

I heave a sigh as I lift a babbling Alexandria into the bathtub. She laughs when her chin hits the white bubbles.

"Bratz, please?" she asks pointing to the stand with her toys on it. I grab the water kit before handing it to her. She starts playing with the dolls while I wash her curly hair.

I'm getting her ready for bed since it's nine pm and I'm heading out with Sloane for a new club opening.

After fully bathing her I wrap her up in a fluffy white towel. Kissing all over her face hearing her wonderful giggles brings a grin to my face.

"stop mommy!" she wiggles around and I laugh placing her on the bed.

"but you're so cute," I say blowing raspberries on her cheek and she laughs uncontrollably.

Deciding to put an end to her misery I start lotioning her skin before grabbing a fresh set of pyjamas.

"you tired, sweetie?" I ask her.

"yes, but I want tea party" she frowns rubbing her big eyes with her chubby fingers.

"We did that two hours ago, baby" I smile softly, laying down in her abnormally large princess-themed bed.

She lets out a deep breath before crawling on top of me and I start rubbing her back. Her lips meet my neck in a little kiss. My lips meet the side of her head.

I hum her favorite lullaby, she does it with me until small snores are leaving her. I sigh staring up at the roof of the bed. There's a sky full of stars, lit by tiny lights. Small angels and her favorite princesses are displayed in small motion frames.

I hug her closer to me debating if it's worth going out or not. I promised Sloane I was going out with her. If it's not work I'm with Alexandria, if not her then it's work.

I twirl her soft hair with my fingers, utterly in disbelief that I created such a beautiful and angelic human being.

If I had a choice we would be living by a lake. She'd had a bunch of friends to play with, and she would know no matter what circumstances her mother would come home and be there for her.

If I had a choice, she would grow up without me having to worry about her being taken away if people found out about my identity.

Most of all, if I could change anything she would have a loving father. Someone she could rely on when I'm not enough, a father she could turn to if she ever gets tired of me.

I chuckle wiping away the lone tear that escaped my eye.

I carefully lift her away and she snuggles up against the large Grey bunny. "Mommy loves you Alexandria, so so much" I kiss her cheek softly.

I close the door behind me meeting Adam in the hallway.

"you okay?" he asks doing a double take.

I walk into his arms burying my face in the dark green hoodie has on. I wrap my arms around his waist to find some kind of stability.