Chapter 35

Man, I think there's a gnome digging into my brain

Man, I think there's a gnome digging into my brain. I can't describe the severe body ache I'm experiencing. It feels like I was in an explosion.

Holy shit.

I sit up in bed only to fall directly back down with a scream leaving my lips. My hands fly to my left side.

"mother fucking duck twat" I curse feeling tears of pain well up in my eyes.

I don't recognize the room that I'm in. It's big with a baby pink tint to the walls. The lists are golden and the furniture in the room takes you back a few centuries. Well if you look past the flat-screen TV in front of the bed.

It looks like a princess lives here.

I try to move but the pain in my body won't let me. My hand moves up my face, trailing small scabs all over.

I'm fine, totally fi―

The door slams open and in comes Giovanni and Amari heavily armored. I furrow my eyebrows letting my body fall back to the bed.

"where am I? What's going on?" I say, they cast glances at each other and me before returning to the post.

"what are you doing?" I hiss, no answer.

A tall woman passes by the door in a shadow. The clicking of heels stops as she leans back with her feet quickly moving her to the bed.

"Simone" she sits down by the side of the bed.

"hi Mrs. Lombardi" I try to muster up a smile but my face hurts.

"I really liked you" she frowns.

"why are we speaking in the past tense?" I try to breathe through the burning in my side.

"you see, I don't play around with my family. I won't hold a grudge against you, I like you. But you've broken my son's heart along with parts of our mafia. I'm afraid my husband won't tolerate that" she says sternly.

"then so be it, I don't regret it. I did what I had to, my only regret is not following through with it" I say, she narrows her beautiful blue eyes.

"liar, you love my son," she says.

"I don't " I whisper shaking my head, knowing I'm fully well lying through my teeth.

"let's be honest, you don't even believe yourself," she says.

"Why are you here, why am I here?" I say.

"as I said Πολυαγαπημένος I like you," she tells me and I can hear the sincerity in her voice. (darling).

"I don't unders―"

"Annalise, it's time" a dark figure stands by the door, and I recognize the raw gravelly voice. The goose bumps on my skin rise with the fear in my body.