Chapter 11

The small gap in the floor-to-ceiling curtains seems to let in a ray of sunlight directly in my eyes

I groan, blinking slightly to adjust them to the light. I go to sit up but instantly cringe at the pain between my legs.

Memories from yesterday come flooding back with the heat rushing to my cheeks.

"fuck me" I whisper into the air.

I just lay in bed for about half an hour, contemplating my decisions from yesterday night.

Deciding I can't lay in bed all day, I stand up. Limping my way over to the bathroom. I run a bath for myself, this didn't happen yesterday, my bed called me too early for that.

Washing away everything I get out of the bathroom smelling like fresh coconut. Lotioning my skin, I find a pair of white Calvin Klein briefs and a large cozy hoodie.

I leave my room, checking Alexandria's room to see if she's up and about.

She's sprawled on the bed. Her small bonnet captured all her hair, I went to put it on before I left for the club.

I sit down on the side, rubbing her small back to set her out of sleep.

"Alexandria darling" I whisper kissing her cheeks multiple times.

She starts giggling, opening her eyes slowly to stretch.

"Morning baby" I smile at little me.

"good morning mommy" she jumps up throwing herself at me. I wrap my arms around her before standing up, thanking the bath for making the pain subside.

"did you sleep well?" I ask starting to walk her over to the connected bathroom. She does her morning routine and I dress her for a day in with me. A gray hoodie and gray sweatpants.

"yes! I dream about dragons" she starts talking about her wonderful dream and I listen intently.

"you weren't scared of them?" I say walking down the stairs to head to the kitchen.

"no because they were nice, mommy and so beautiful!" she says clapping her small hands.

"that's wonderful" I place her down on her children's stool.

"what do you want for breakfast?" I ask opening the fridge and skimming the items quickly.

"strawberries, blueberries, pancakes, and syrup" she pops the 'p'. I take out the ingredients to start the princess breakfast while she talks complete nonsense, I listen to either way.

I place her plate in front of her with a lightning McQueen image on it. I sit down beside her, we eat together in a small silence.

Apart from her swallowing with the lack of chewing.

"baby, chew your food before swallowing" I shake my head wiping away a little syrup on the side of her lips.

"sorry" she smiles sheepishly reaching for the cup with milk.

"that's fine, I just don't want you to choke" I stroke her cheek.

"good morning" Rafael's hoarse voice enters the space of the kitchen.

"Uncle Raffy!" Alexandria squeals. He walks over to kiss her on her head before patting my shoulder.

"morning" I mumble with food still in my mouth. Alexandria scowls at me, I swallow with a roll of my eyes.

"sorry" I stick my tongue out, and she giggles.

"slept well?" he asks moving to the coffee machine. He's wearing blue duck boxers and a white t-shirt.

Rafael has black hair, blue eyes, and thick full eyebrows. His skin is fair, he has a large scar going up his arm. I don't know the story behind it but Adam does.

"yeah, you?" I ask.

"eh, Adam is coming down with a cold. He had his ice feet on me the whole night and those snores were outrageous" he shakes his head with a chuckle. I start laughing almost choking on a blueberry.

"it's not funny" he shakes his head.

"I had a dream!" Alexandria shouts.

"girl, use your inside voice. My eardrums" I hold my ear sending her a playful glare.

"sorry" she whispers.

"I had a dream," she says calmly looking at Rafael.

"Really, what was it about?" he leans against the counter, holding the coffee mug with a duck on it in his hands.

He's always had some weird obsession with ducks.

She starts explaining her dream about dragons in clear detail. Soon enough Adam enters the kitchen with lazy steps. Colliding into Rafael's chest with ease.

"morning darling" he kisses Adam's head.

"I'm dying" he groans.

"coffee?" Rafael reaches for another cup. Adam nods before walking toward where I'm sitting.

"nuh uh, sit somewhere else I am not catching your germs," I say, Alexandria is still talking about her dragons.

"but―"

"no."

"do you see how she's mean to me all the fucking time?" Adam says.

"I can't see, I'm blind" Rafael replies nonchalantly.

"bliiind" Alexandria sings.

"yes, baby!" I say clapping my hands and she giggles.

"wanna watch a movie, cherry?"

"yes, please Moana and Maui!" she says. She climbs down from her chair, I move to the sink to clean her hands and face.

We stay in the living room all day, watching all different types of movies. Well besides me having to take some business calls every hour.