Chapter 28

"the serpents and snakes are currently at war while their cartels and structure are tumbling down at a rapid pace," my father says at the head of the table

"the serpents and snakes are currently at war while their cartels and structure are tumbling down at a rapid pace," my father says at the head of the table. There's a big meeting today.

"We have a reason to believe it's one of the gangs completely sabotaging the others without trace" Donatello, his consigliere speaks up and my other elders hum in agreement.

"There's always going to be gang wars on the surface though," Marcello says.

"yes but not this rapidly" Luciano throws in.

"yes, we believe that when this gang, Saints get to the top they might control bigger areas, and with bigger areas comes threatening bigger mobs" Eduardo speaks.

"but it's an amateur gang isn't it, founded by two past dealers? They couldn't possibly have a chance against la famiglia" Agustin scoffs, his laugh turning into a slight cough.

The three elder caporegimes consist of Agustin, Alfonso, and Benvolio. Then we have Donatello who is my father's right hand.

"gangs are not to be underestimated in this world, they grow quickly without any sense of discipline. That's a risk we shouldn't take" Benvolio counters him.

This is going to be a long meeting.

Harder, faster almost there.

I groan dropping the weight down the weight. Sweat drips down my naked back. My hair is damp with moisture and my muscles are prominent, screaming at me for destroying them.

I decide to use my gym showers since they're closer. Somewhere along the shower, my dick starts to rise at the simple thought of Simone. I curse myself turning the temperature down.

I dry my body, using some lotion Simone threw at me after finding it because she liked the smell.

I think back to our argument the other day, maybe it was petty of me to leave but I had been alone with Alexandria for hours. Not that I didn't enjoy it but I felt neglected when she chose to talk to Damon Dawson.

A hit man working for whoever pays him the most. Right now it's not the Lombardi's.

Walking up the stairs I feel the scent of freshly baked bread. It throws me off but I settle with the thought that Mamma decided to have one of her spur-of-the-moment visits.

What surprises me is that Simone is flowing her way through the kitchen. Currently taking out Due pani out of the oven.
(two bread).

"hi," she looks up sheepishly finally noticing my gaze. She dusts her hands off on the apron before taking it off.

"Buona sera" I nod at her, and she gives me a half smile as I sit down on the barstool by the kitchen island.

"you're probably wondering what I'm doing here," she says, I hum.

I know what she's doing here.

"I want to apologize and explain things to you," she says.

"you don't owe me anything"

"but I do owe you, ever since our first kiss," she says.

"Simone―"

"no, no. I was in the wrong completely. I should've told you about Adam and Rafael so it wouldn't come as much of a shock" she says cutting up a few tomatoes.

"It's fine, as I said you don't owe me anything"

"and as I said I do and I want to explain because that probably wasn't the first thing a man would want to see," she says pointing the knife at me.

"right" I chuckle.

"and the other man" she trails of swallowing with a look of quilt crossing her features.

"the other man?" I urge her to keep going.

"he's Alexandria's father" she chews on the inside of her cheek looking down at what her hands are doing.

"Damon Dawson is her father?" I scowl.

"yes"

"Oh."

"Alessandro? You're being unreasonable here, do you want me to go back and change the past because I would've never had my own daughter if it wasn't for him" she says.

"I'm not being unreasonable, I can't change your past and I'm happy that Alexandria is here. It just came as a shock and his hands were all over you" I say.

"and I get that. I promise you that Damon and I are not going to happen, ever again. We are so much better of as friends" she rounds the counter, and I turn the chair so that she's in front of me.

"Besides he has a girlfriend and I have you" she whispers holding my face in her hands. "do you forgive me?"

"there's nothing to forgive in the first place, you're a free woman" I spit the last bit out like I don't mean it.

I don't.

"Alessandro I'm as much a free woman as you are a free man which you are not. I don't want any man besides you" she shakes my head slightly looking into my eyes.

"Really?" I smirk placing my hands on her hips.

"yes really," she says sternly.

"but you're going to have to tolerate those three men because they are a huge part of my life"

"I don't know bout that," I say with amusement.

"you sure?" she leans down connecting our lips in a soft short kiss.

"really sure?" she says pecking them again and I blink up at her.

Her lips are amazing, so soft and plump. She continues to kiss me in small kisses and I begin to grow dizzy.

"I can handle it" I push her closer.

"good boy" she pats my shoulder before spinning out of my grip.

"you haven't eaten yet, right?" she says I shake my head.

"Good let's eat together then" she smiles pushing forward two glasses of red wine and two delicious-looking sandwiches.

I open my arms and she sits down on my lap as we eat. I watch her, Simone's curly hair is in a bun and she's rid of any makeup. Just her gleaming skin.

"you're so beautiful" I whisper in her ear letting my lips peck the side of her neck.

"thank you" she whispers.