Chapter 15

"Mommy, I miss you

"Mommy, I miss you. I want you to wake up now" I hear a stubborn voice, and a sloppy kiss lands on my forehead.

"gosh, what time is it?" I say opening my eyes and sitting up.

"Giovanni!!" Alexandria screams at the top of her lungs making me flinch back.

"girl, what the fuck?" I say holding my ear and she throws herself at me kissing all over my face.

What the.

I feel something pressing on my arm, folding the Grey hoodie I have on up I see a bandage that looks new.

Weird.

"come on" I pick her up moving on autopilot. The lingering masculine scent throws me off but I shrug it away.

I open the black door leading into the master bathroom. I pick up the Grey electric toothbrush that he gave me, next to it is the black one.

He gave me?

I blink a few times looking around. I'm not at my house, I'm at Alessandro's.

When done with my facial routine I frown at Alexandria who is already dressed and ready.

"who dressed you?" I ask her walking out of the bathroom.

"Star" she states simply.

"Who the fuck is Star?" I say.

"my wife" a voice calls out.

I look to the side and Giovanni stands there tall and proud. Alexandria squirms out of my grip before running up to him. "zio gio!" she says hugging his leg and he picks her up.

What the fuck.

"oh you're awake" I hear Sloane's voice. They all stay behind the list and I furrow my eyebrows.

How the hell is Sloane here?

"why aren't you guys coming in?" I ask.

"oh no one is allowed in the room of Capo" Gio shakes his head.

"you know what, everything is starting to come back to me. Get out of here" I shake my head and they leave with my daughter.

Who said they could take her? They are already gone before I can process it.

So I was shot, and the same bullet went through Alessandro. We were attacked, thirty men with bad aim started a shoot out killing innocent people in the middle of a mall. Alessandro nearly died because,
because he saved my daughter.

I sigh looking up before freezing.

I feel my heart speeding up its pace slightly with an explosion of warmth. Before me I see a man leaning his head on the door frame while studying me.

What is happening, why is my body reacting like this?

"Hey," I say, I didn't think it would come out that soft and breathless.

"hey," he says back just as softly, however, the deep voice of his kind of takes over either way.

He walks over, and I notice the bandage on his chest and another one on his arm, same side, both on the right. Under his left arm, there's a crutch, I see a bandage around his ankle as well, a contrast to his black slides and Grey shorts. He plops down on the bed, beside me. The crutch rests on the bed.

"hi," I pathetically state again when he turns his indifferent gaze to mine.

"Ehilà" he breathes out a little chuckle, tucking a strand of hair begin my ear. I feel my cheeks grow hot, my walls melt down with me.
(hi there).

"you had a good sleep?" he asks.

"I don't remember falling asleep and I'm still tired," I say.

"I'll take that as a no, ?" he says rubbing my cheek with his thumb, I nod leaning into his touch. The new gentleness surprised me also with my clear enjoyment.

"well you slept for four days," he says.

"four days?" I say bewildered.

"mhm," he hums inching his face closer to mine.

"I thought― we thought you weren't going to wake up," he says holding me like I'm the most delicate thing in the world.

Woah.

"oh, no I'm not leaving this earth without meeting Micheal B Jordan," I say and he scoffs.

To my surprise I'm pulled onto his lap and wart surrounds me as he wraps his arms around my waist. I lay my head in his neck taking a deep breath.

This feels nice.

"thank you for saving my daughter" I whisper letting my lips graze his skin.

"anytime, don't thank me," he says.

"you know you look sexy with these injuries," I say after a while of us just staying like that.

"mhm, you look sexy in my clothes" he groans. Of course it's his hoddie, it's so fucking comfortable.

"you hungry?" he asks, I nod.

He stands up with my legs around him and one arm supporting my weight. "Alessandro you are injured!" I scold jumping down.

"yeah yeah," he rolls his eyes pushing the crutch up under his arm. I lace our fingers together while pretending to be interested in the wall beside us.

"All it takes is a bit of guns to have the Simone on her knees?" he raises his eyebrows.

"You are all it takes for me to get on my knees, but we don't have any time or facilities for that," I say and he groans.

"the doctor said no sex in six weeks," he says.

"who is having sex with who?" I roll my eyes.

"you firing a gun is ingravated in my brain so hopefully you and I" he responds.

"boy, please" I roll my eyes.

"there she is" he nods pecking the side of my head, I don't think he's aware of the insane amount of affection he's giving me. It makes me feel warm and cozy all over.

Butterflies.