Chapter 49

November 17th

November 17th.

Alessandro comes out of the bathroom in a suit. Well, he hasn't put it on correctly and the tie is hanging loose.

I watch him pace around in amusement. I take the opportunity to grab his hand as he passes the bed.

"calm down, Tesoro" I stand up and his gaze softens slightly.

"you know that means darling, not dumbass" he admits.

"so I've been complimenting you all this time?" I ask and he nods.

His loose curls are slicked back with one loc escaping to his forehead. His stubble is neatly trimmed and he smells Devine.

"Are you nervous?" I say softly. Lifting my hands to button up the dress shirt underneath the vest and dinner jacket.

"Would it make me weak if I said yes?" he asks.

"no, you're becoming the Don of the largest most powerful mafia. I'd be concerned if you weren't nervous" I say pecking his jaw.

"Okay, then yes. I am nervous" he admits.

"I'll be by your side the entire time, well except during the ceremony," I say and he nods.

Of traditions, it will only be the male made men of the mafia. Sounds pretty sexist to me but these old men and their traditions.

"mhm, my Donna" he peers down at me through droopy eyes.

"yeah, I'm not sure if I'm ready for that title," I say.

"why not?" he moves his hands to my hips. I move to fix his tie.

"Well, it's easier when no one knows who you are because then you're not letting anybody down and you can live somewhat peacefully," I say.

"no one will know you're Sainte, and you will be looked over and protected every hour of the day" he assures.

"yeah, you'll be busier now. Right?" I say.

"unfortunately, but I will make time for you, Bambina, and Neonato" Alessandro gives me a gaze, holding a promise and I sigh out of relief.

He drops down to his knees in front of me. I'm only wearing his T-shirt and a thong. He lifts the shirt staring at my stomach.

"Sandro, you can barely see the bump. I'm not even two months" I smile and he looks up at me in Adoration.

"it tickles" I giggle as he kisses all over my stomach.

With one last kiss, he gets up from the floor, placing a peck on my lips. "I have to go now, see you tonight at the manor," he says wrapping me up in a hug.

"I love you, you'll do great," I say.

"Hope so, I love you baby" He pecks the side of my head before leaving.