Chapter 36

I catch her soft body in my arms as she collapses

I catch her soft body in my arms as she collapses. Instantly panic rises inside my chest.

"Merda" I swiftly lift her up in my arms.

"go with her to the room, lay her down in bed, and check her side," my father says.

"I don―"

"Alessandro, take her to the bed" he stares me down. "So che ti preoccupi per lei".
(I know you care about her)

"you won't do anything to her, right?" Adam says, blood staining his skin. I look at his defeated and terrified eyes. We've just tortured him and kidnapped him. Yet he still has the balls to make sure she's okay, he must really love her.

"I'll patch him up, Andare," my father says waving me off. (Go)

I walk through the corridor, taking the elevator back to the main floor. I make sure to hold her head against my chest to reduce any neck pain that might occur.

What am I doing?

Finally finding her room in our gigantic family house. I walk over to the bed laying her down softly.

I have to check her stitches and ribs. Lifting her shirt I furrow my eyebrows, I think I need to change the patch on top of the stitches since there are small spots of blood.

I grab the medical kit in the drawer before peeling off the patch. It looks like the stitches aren't ripped, but there's still some blood leaking around the edges. Just because she moved too much.

Removing the blood carefully with disinfectant, deciding to clean the wound instead. I hear a moan of pain fall from her lips. Continuing with my task, I refuse to look her in the eyes.

"it hurts" she whimpers holding her shirt up with her hand by her breast.

"does it? As much as finding out someone completely lied about their identity and used you to their benefit?" I say, letting my hands work more gently either way.

"I'm sorry" she whispers with her voice breaking at the end.

The sound sends a wave of pain flowing right through my heart.

"I'm so fucking sorry" her hands move up to her face. The next thing I know my heart breaks, a crack right in the middle as it starts bleeding.

She sniffles.

I finish putting on the numbing cream under the patch. Her body vibrates with deep but quiet sobs.

I try to go against it, for all I know she could be faking it right now.

Then I break.

I shrug my shoes off moving to lie beside her. I wrap my arms around her in an embrace and she instantly clings on to me. Her body shakes, and her breathing is heavy while she cries.