Chapter 12

"there's a gang war on the surface

"there's a gang war on the surface. They know that we killed Zoltan but they're not strong enough to fight back" I say.

"so what if we order a hit on the right man of the serpents? Robin Cannon will die, and they will have to carve an S on the side of his neck. If we are lucky enough it will lead back to the snakes" I say.

"I can just kill him?" Jonathan twirls the blade in his hands with a smile on his face.

"you could, but then there won't be a hit on Cannon in their register," I say, they hum.

"so if Amir could find their contact info, Adrian would be the one to take the call," I say.

"yes, boss" they nod.

"very well then, go on with work" I nod for them to leave the conference room.

I close my computer, packing up the scattered paper around me. I feel a presence behind me, a familiar cologne. No spark ignites, just a roll of my eyes.

"no, this doesn't work" I push Adrian away from me.

"c'mon, I'll make you feel good" he kisses my neck. Slowly, right underneath my ear.

Nothing happens.

He kisses me again, his lips are nothing like the ones I felt a week ago. They don't even compare.

His sinful, smooth, and soft lips. Plump, luscious, and pink. His skilled tongue that explored my whole body. Straight white teeth that pushed down sinfully at my skin.

Alessandro.

"What did you just say?" he pulls away from behind me, I open my eyes in a daze.

"What?" I blink multiple times seeing Adrian. Oh no, hell no what the fuck.

"the fuck?" I wipe my neck feeling the vomit rush up my throat.

I did not just imagine Adrian as Alessandro. What the fuck is wrong with me?

I stand up leaving the weapon room. What the fuck― what the fuckity fuck. I think I'm insane.

"I'm going home," I tell Sloane.

"Are you ok―"

"just peachy" I cut her off.

"I-I swear― please, I don't know anything!" the man screams pathetically on his knees

"you know one thing I hate, wimpy?" I seethe grabbing the scalper with my glove covered hand.

"n-no" he hangs his head.

"liars," I tell him, dragging the sharp object down his cheek. High-pitched screams leave the poor excuse of a man.

"I'll cut your fucking tongue out if you don't shut the fuck up" I growl. His mouth snaps shut with a weak whimper.

"tell me now Giorgio, who stole my money with your help?" I hold him up with his hair.

"Vladimir Koskov" he finally spills. The third in command of the Russian mob.

"See, wasn't so hard?" I take the gun, shooting him in the stomach to let him bleed out in the cold cell.

I take the elevator back up to the warehouse. Thankfully I didn't get any of his nasty blood on me.

"capo" the soldatos I pass greet, bowing their heads. I don't acknowledge them.

Finally entering the control room the voices instantly stop. I let my eyes fall over the room until my eyes land on the brown-eyed redhead. She cowers back in fear.

"Buona Sera" I greet them.

"capo"

"ah, Lorna, any progress?" I make my way over to her desk.

"uh, yes actually. We've found one of their warehouses. We are a hundred percent certain that they keep their weapons there" she avoids eye contact.

"Questo è quello che volevo sentire, buon lavoro" I give her a nod.
(That's what I wanted to hear, good job)

"get the vans Preparato, we leave for the location I send out in two hours" I let go of the black earpiece in my ear.

My men and I infiltrate the warehouse at my command. The corridors are dark, besides our flashlight lighting the place up.

There aren't many doors, just a big one at the end of the corridor. I walk first, pressing the handle down.

What meets us has me more confused than alarmed. The storage area is empty, no signs of movement anywhere.

Unlike the rest of the warehouse, the roof of this room is completely made out of glass.

Cautiously I make my way to the only thing in the room. A tiny squared box. There's probably something in there that might take my life, then again it's pretty boring.

I tap it, instantly a clown pops out of the box. I don't flinch, just roll my eyes as it starts to play music.

Ανόητο.
(greek: stupid)

"It's nice to meet you today, maybe you came here to play. It's funny how you take the bait like this is the only thing you hate. You and you're crew should probably be excused. She that timer over there?" it sings until a large screen displays a three minute countdown.

"that's how long you have to get out of here. You should run, run as fast as you can. Your life is now in my plan. Boom you will say, chanting this is my last day!" it laughs.

"you need to get out, Tutti voi! Affrettarsi!" I shout into the earpiece. (all of you, hurry).

I make sure every person around me gets out before I do. Slamming the door shut after me a loud explosion is heard.

I fall forward because of the impact, my face hitting the dirt road.

"Maledetto!" I curse, coughing at the air escaping my lungs.

"Giovanni!" I grit.

"capo" he stutters.

"you better get everyone out of here before I delete all of you from the face of Terra!" I shout.
(earth)

The fucking saints will pay with their lives for this. Never in my years in the mafia has someone tricked us like that.

"Inferno" I mumble hitting the ground in anger before pulling myself up from my misery.
(hell)

I'm coming for you Sainte.