Chapter 18

Alexandria is wearing the dress Alessandro bought her a few days ago

Alexandria is wearing the dress Alessandro bought her a few days ago. She spins around in her Dr. Martin's before throwing herself on my leg.

"hey, baby" I smile lifting her and spinning her around.

"my dress," she says happily.

"your dress is beautiful" I peck her nose.

"you look beautiful mommy" she pecks mine back.

"well you look adorable" I pinch her cheek.

"Alexandriandro, what do you think?" she looks at him.

"you look so pretty, princess" he kisses her hand and she giggles laying her head on my shoulder.

I need to hold on to that packet of condoms for dear life. My ovaries are having a mind of their own, my period should come in a day or two.

"my family can be a bit hysterical" he turns to me.

"eh, it'll be fine?" I shrug.

"and they are a bit, hot-headed so if someone pulls out a gun or anything, don't be scared," he says lifting Alexandria into his arms while glaring at me.

"what, you're injured as well," I say.

"well I've been shot multiple times" he shrugs.

"like I haven't" I mumble, rolling my eyes.

"What?"

"What?" I scratch my arm.

"Ohh, so many people," Alexandria says and I notice we've come to a halt at the top of the staircase. A staircase on the other side of the house which I've never been to and now understand why.

I swear there are at least sixty pairs of eyes at us now, beautiful eyes. I turn to Alessandro who's already looking down on me.

"you said this was a small function" I hiss smiling at him.

"I said no such thing" he whispers back.

"you said it was just your family" she retorts.

"La famiglia, yes" he nods.

"Alessandro whatever shady shit this is I want out. I can't just go around here with my kid around people I don't know shit about. And I don't have my gun on me!" I whisper shout.

"do you know how ridiculous it is for you to bring me around all these people without me knowing any of them? Alessandro fucking whatever, there are over a hundred people in here. You know what I said earlier in the bedroom there's no chance in hell I'm going through with that. You're going to be d―"

Soft lips connect with mine and my body shuts down completely before turning on again. Like a screenshot. What the fuck.

He pulls away slowly with a smirk.