Chapter 41

"orchids, in purple," I say to the woman

"I'm afraid we can't do a bouquet out of orchids, they'll die far too quickly," she says.

"then get a pot or something for them" I roll my eyes.

"o-okay" she stutters moving away.

I check my watch, it's eight. La mia regina will wake up in about four hours, which leaves me some time to settle everything.

"There," the woman says.

"thank you," I say in a monotone, scanning the black card against the sensor.

"Have a gr―" I spin around leaving the store.

Our next stop is the real estate agency. It's a bit far from Damon's penthouse, which makes me wonder if I should've brought the flowers after.

The entire drive my brain floods with Simone. I know she hasn't completely forgiven me yet, I mean she tried to blow me up and then shoot me. Both times she hesitated. Her gorgeous face fills my mind, her laugh, and her perfect round backside.

That ass.

I push my hips up in my seat as far too vivid images flash before my eyes. The craving I have for her body, mind, and soul can't be described.

I will myself to calm down as I stop the car.

I lock the vehicle after leaving it. Walking up towards the large building. The automatic doors open and instantly the atmosphere freezes as I walk in.

I walk straight receptionist, not bothering to pay anyone attention. I push the button to take the elevator up to the highest floor, stepping directly into Mrs. Louis's office.

"What a pleasant surprise" the woman in her mid-fifties smiles. "how is your mother?" she asks.

"she's great, you'll probably hear from her soon," I tell her.

"I hope so, shall we get to business?" she says and I nod.

"a house by the lake you said?" she asks.

"yes, with a lot of land, preferably with evening sun as well. She'd want neighbors at a distance which whom her daughter to play with.

"a huge garage as well, that woman almost has more cars than me," I say continuing to describe every little detail Simone has told me about her dreams.

"Mr. Lombardi, I'm afraid there's no house like this on the market," she says.

"then I'll build it"

"you understand that it's impossible to build a house that fast," Giovanni says as I inhale the ashes from the death stick.

"weren't you quitting?" he asks.

"I was, but then we had our fight and old habits reoccured," I say.