Chapter 39

"Sienna what the fuck are you doing in here?!" I raise my voice

"I can't be in my fiancé's office? Why is she calling you anyway?" she says.

"that is none of your concern, get the fuck out before I throw your ass out the window" I grit.

"but―"

"I said leave!" I say in a deadly tone, she scurries out of the room.

Fuck.

"Fuck!" I growl hitting my desk repeatedly feeling my heartbeat increase.

What the fuck did I do.

The pain in her voice and her slurred words made my entire body hurt. I wish things would be different, I wish that she didn't have to be who she is.

My engagement, which doesn't exist is simply a business transaction. The Agnellos get their five minutes of fame from Sienna and me being in the spotlight. Then we'll "break up"

I couldn't marry her, besides my father wouldn't even let me think about it.

How could I ever love any other woman than my beautiful Simone. My sweet, sweet girl.

It's happening again, my hands move in front of me before I can think as I destroy my home office.

All I can think about is the pain she's in right now. The pain I put in her life, still in some fucked up way I don't regret what we've done.

Sure we met under circumstances bound to never go well but we still. I don't know how but we still made it work.

I hate you.

That's what she said, her voice oozing agony and sadness. I would do everything, fucking anything to take her pain and see her happy again.

The door to my office swings open but I can't see the person.

All I hear is my harsh breathing and things just shattering in my hands. How did we end up like this? I wasn't supposed to fall.

And when I did I thought that she and I could've had it all.

"Eduardo Γρήγορα, ελάτε εδώ!" I hear in the far-off distance. (quickly come here)

Something is happening as black spots start to cloud my vision. I sway, stumbling forward. Grabbing my head.

How could I do this to her? How could she do this to me? How could we do this to ourselves?

My body sways too much to the side as it shuts down. My beautiful Simone.

"look what you did to your son you fucking penis" my mother shouts at my dad.

"Well, I didn't think it would end up like this" my father retorts calmly.

"it's because you never think, who in their right mind tells a woman that's deeply in love with someone that is getting married?" she hits him. "είσαι τρελός;" (are you insane)

"she won't answer my calls," I say in a frantic voice.

"Alessandro calm down," he says.

"no, you calm the fuck down!" I shout.

"well, damn" he holds his hands up.

"I have to go see her," I say reaching for the keys.

"you are not driving in this state, Γιος" My mother shakes her head. (son)

"I'm an adult, I do whatever the fuck I want," I say turning around and striding my way to the door.

I park at the side of the road, furrowing my eyebrows at the people carrying furniture.

Sliding out of the car I shut the door. Moving towards the man that barks orders at everyone I immediately gain his attention.

"h-how can I help you sir?" he says.

"what's going on here?" I command.

"nothing out of the ordinary, just clearing the house that was sold two hours ago" he stutters.

Sold?

"where is the former owner," I ask.

"I'm just here to make sure everything gets out. I don't know anything about this house" he says.

"very well then" I hum, nodding at him.

I make my way into the car, thinking where can she be? If the house is sold then she's probably not with Adam or Rafael either. They were spotted on a flight to Canada. She wouldn't go to any of the members either because it would lead straight to them.

Damon.

"Amari?" I say after fishing my phone up and clicking his contact.

"what's up boss man?" he greets.

"you know Damon?" I ask.

"Damon Dawson yeah, he's my bro," he says.

"I need his address," I say.

"white boy, I can't rat out one of my own," he says.

"Amari you work for me, and you're my best friend," I say.

"c'mon, don't do this to me. What do you want his address for?" he asks.

"I think Simone is with him," I say.

"well if she's with him she obviously doesn't want to be found," he says.

"Amari, I won't hurt him. I promise" I say.

"Alessandro if you do anything stupid, remember I'm a made man. I know everything" he says. I would threaten him back if he didn't have a point and I need his help.

"I won't," I say.

Finally, he tells me the address to an apartment complex less than thirty minutes from here.

"thank you, Amari," I say.

"just don't disappoint me and we're good" he hangs up.

I begin the short journey, making it even shorter because of my foot pushing down on the gas the entire way there. I find myself parking ad locking the car outside.

I take the elevator up to the seventeenth floor. It's a nice apartment complex.

Knocking on the door I put my hands in my pocket. The door opens a few moments later.

"No baby, it's green," she says without turning her head, I brace myself for what's about to come.

When she does turn to me her smile falters into a sneer. Then her palm connects with my cheek before the door is slammed in my face.

Well, that went great.