Chapter 38

"yes, of course

"yes, of course. Come in" Damon says stepping out of the way as I hold a sleeping Alexandria to my chest.

"you're a lifesaver," I say.

"Anything for you and my daughter," he says taking my bags.

"honey, who is it?" a soft voice calls from the kitchen.

"is that?" I say.

"mhm, come on" he nods taking Alexandria from my arms and I can finally breathe.

We walk down the short hall and then into a large open area with a kitchen, dining, and living room all in an open space. The woman stands there cooking something that smells amazing.

The black spots are coming back. I sway back and forth. Ignoring it for now I put on my best smile.

"Nicole" Damon calls out and she spins around with a wide smile on her face that doesn't fall when she sees us.

"Hi, I'm Nicole. You're so pretty" she smiles at me, I go for a handshake but she pulls me into a soft hug.

"Simone and likewise," I say and she giggles.

"Is this her?" She asks and Damon nods. Just then Alexandria starts stirring awake. "Dammy?" she says jawning.

"oh my God," Nicole squeaks.

"Can I hold her?" she asks turning to me and I nod.

"yes of course," I say finding a chair.

I breathe in and out slowly to get rid of the nagging feeling.

"what your name?" Alexandria says as Damon hands her over to Nicole.

"Nicole, and yours?"

"Alexandria!" she says happily.

"let me show you to your room," Damon says grabbing our bags.

I follow him, he opens the door to a spacious room with a connected bathroom.

"thank you, Damon, honestly I owe you," I say.

"no, I owe you for the two years I've missed. We'll protect you" he says.

"you're a good man," I say.

"I try" he smiles patting my shoulder before turning around to leave. I decide to take a nap to regain the ability to see clearly and the rest is very well needed.

"They know who I am," I say.

"fuck" Jonathan shakes his head.

"It's fine though, you guys are still protected. But I'm afraid they'll take me out soon" I swallow.

"We won't let them," Adrian says, I give him a half smile of gratitude.