Chapter 34

I clasp the silver watch on my wrist, my elbows resting on my knees as I sit on the side of my bed

I take a inhale and exhale multiple times as I've done these past few days.

I had a blackout.

I can not recall anything from after the event. Small bits and pieces of me ad Simone fighting flashes through my mind in a headache. I rub my face trying to remember the outcome.

I don't even know how I got home but still woke up in my bed. One thing that my mind knows is the fact that we fought about Damon.

I probably sounded like some jealous asshole.

Yes, I'm still somewhat hurt by her actions but I had no right to shout at her. I look at the hand I had to wrap up when I woke up the next morning, how the hell did I manage to get it like that?

I grab the pack of cigarettes at the side of my table. Walking out to the balcony of my house watching over the greenery of the forest. I grab the lighter from the table, holding the cigarette to my lips and inhaling.

My lungs cloud over with smoke and the familiar calm feeling washes over me.

"where were you then?" I cross my arms in front of my chest.

"I'm sorry Alessandro I forgot," she says. I roll my eyes my hands starting to tremble.

"you forgot, huh? That's great to hear" I turn towards the door. She steps in front of me warning a glare. I can see her mouth open to explain but I've had enough.

I wince rubbing my head at the stinging sensation. I really need to make sure I get my medication right in the future.

Putting the cigarette out I throw it in the bottle with the rest of the fimps. My mother strictly forbids me from doing any work. My father does whatever his darling wife says.

To have a love like theirs.

Either way, I find myself sitting in the office, sorting some papers and making some calls. I make sure Marcello has everything under control without me having to worry about more money being stolen.

"?" I lift my phone.

"There's a proposal made for you by the Agnello family" my father's gravelly voice flows through the speakers.

"what do they want now?" I roll my eyes.

"Gabriele is offering a marriage between you and Sienna," he says.

"Gabriele can shove that offer up his ass, that is not happening," I say.

"I know, I told him your heart belongs to another woman," he says.

"that thing was very important to me. My father had told everyone about you being present. I stood there worrying about you like some idiot while you were entertaining another man. I looked stupid while you were out having a movie night with your perfect little ex" I scoff slamming my fist down again. Harder this time.