Chapter 21

"no Fatima, I'm not tired besides Alexandria is watching her iPad

"no Fatima, I'm not tired besides Alexandria is watching her iPad. I have nothing to do today, I can work for another hour, do your work" I smile at Amir's grandma.

"but dea―" the doorbell cuts her off.

"I'm fine" I smile turning my head around to the register.

"Welcome to café pearls, what would yo―"

The sentence dies in my throat as I look up. Tingles spread all over my body, making their way into my stomach. Lightning a little fire that makes my heart beat faster.

His eyes find mine, ice cold but something different swims behind the sea. Something that looks dangerously close to warmth, something that has my heart melting.

Bitch who the fuck?

"hmm?" he tilts his head.

"what would you like?" I blink shaking my head slightly.

"I'd like to take you out," he says, his voice sounding smooth and steady.

"What?" I say.

I heard him.

"I'd like to take you out," he says.

"what like right now or?" I say looking around me. Of course, he doesn't mean right now, a person in the right state of mind would at least give you a heads up be―

"Sì, right now" he nods.

"Alessandro I'm at work" I deadpan.

"no you're not, your shift ended ten minutes ago" Fatima pops up out of nowhere, holding an Alexandria who is ready to leave.

"no, I said I would hel―"

"nonsense, go with this young man or I'll fire you" she smiles sweetly.

"but Fatim―"

"don't want to hear it, out of my café," she says and I finally give in.

It's my café anyway, I'm leaving because I chose to. Not because she said so. Taking off the apron and the cap, I walk into the changing room to grab my stuff.

Huffing on my way back, I take Alexandria from Fatima with a scowl on my face. "he's handsome" Fatima whispers in my ear, not so quietly.

"eh," I say, clearly aware of how Alessandro's ears perked up at the conversation.

"he makes you feel butterflies doesn't he?" she points to my side.

"no, he doesn't" I scoff.

Lies.

"mhm, bet he's good in bed too. You know my husband used to be the same type of beautiful when we were young. Let me tell you I wasn't able to keep my hands to mysel―"

"Fatima!" I exclaim, my Jaw dropped and I'm a tiny bit traumatized by the fact that Amir's grandparents used to get down and dirty.

"right, off you go" she ushers me away.