Chapter Eight: Personal Bubble

-AUSTIN-

"O to the freaking M and triple G!" Trish started to squeal. "You like Kathryn! You like her! I knew it! We all knew it!"

Before I could answer, Lance spoke up as he scrunched up his face. "She is devious, vicious, deceitful, awkward, weird and all-around evil. What do you even see in her?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "I see absolutely nothing in this girl."

"But you both have been spending alot of time with eachother." Trish smiled. "You guys are sooooo totally crushing on eachother! It's so obvious! I knew it! You guys are so cute!"

"Most of that time is spent bickering, fighting, insulting, name calling and pranking." I pointed out. "And you find that adorable?"

"It's the Love-Hate Dilemma talking," Trish whispered to Lance, who nodded.

"WE DON'T HAVE A DILEMMA"

"Then why are you so defensive?"

"BECAUSE WE DONT"

"THEN STOP SHOUTING"

"I CAN'T"

"WHY NOT"

"I LIKE IT WHEN MY VOICE IS AT THIS VOLUME"

"FOR EMPHASIS"

Lance shoved his hand into my face, making me shut up. Then he raised an eyebrow. "Seriously, lad," he told me, giving me a serious look. "We have got to talk about this dilemma you have with my Mikaela."

"Austin, man, why don't you just ask Kath out on a date?" Lance asked me. "How about not."

"You're so stubborn," Trish pouted. "Now I want to punch you right in the face." She said in a child-like voice.

I smiled, nearing my face to her tauntingly. "Hit me with your best shot," I sang.

I looked up to the stairs and saw Kathryn with Abby. Abby was playing while Kath was watching her with a smile. I couldn't help it, my eyes seemed to follow her.

"Seriously, WHAT DO YOU EVEN SEE IN HER?" Lance said, throwing his arms in the air. I shook my head at him in disbelief. Trish walked closer to him and smacked him on the head. "OW?! Why are you all so violent?"

"We're not. My 'an-idiot-is-trying-to-speak-english-again' senses were tingling." Trish smiled sweetly, walking away. Lance rubbed the side of his head. I turned my head around to stare at Kath.

"Austin, you're drooling over my cousin again. Stop that." Ally said, coming down the stairs. I snapped out of it, embarrassed. I think Ally saw me staring, which was totally not intended, because then she started pointing at me accussingly and opening her mouth but no words came out.