Chapter Forty Four: Lovebite

-KATHRYN-

"Sooooooooo. Kath." Nicole said beside me. "Are you feeling sore or-"

"OH MY GOD JUST SHUT UP," I said, putting my hands up in defense as I walked to the fridge, opening it. I heard Nicole laugh loudly. "Christ Nicole can you please stop laughing like a dying whale."

"Do you guys do that occasionally or do you kind of just-"

"Don't give me a reason to stab your balls with a fork," Austin grumbled. Lance and Nicole just started laughing even alot worse than before.

"You both are just way too defensive," Lance managed to say through his laughs. "So obvious."

"So how'd you like it, Austin?" Nicole said, elbowing me gently as she pulled out a few plates from the cabinet. She wiggled her eyebrows at me.

"Did you know that these potatoes fly at annoying people's faces?" Austin sarcastically asked, staring at the potato on his fork.

"So feisty." Lance added, laughing even more. I got so annoyed that I took the fork from Austin, pulled it back and aimed at Lance, flinging the potato and hitting his face. "what- OW?!"

"You're lucky I don't have my own farm in our backyard," I grumbled, setting the fork down and grabbing the glass of mango juice from the fridge.

"We really need to leave the both of you alone more often." Nicole chuckled, wiping her hands son the washcloth we had hanging on the wall.

"Shut up-"

"Absolutely."

I turned around and stared at Austin, my eyes widened as I raised an eyebrow at him. "Austin, what-"

"I'm sorry, I just can't tell a lie. Remember where that got us the last time?" He said, giving me a teasing smile as he winked at me. I let my jaw drop a little while Nicole and Lance started to laugh even alot worse than they ever did before. I put my hands up in defense, shaking my head a little. "Oh my god. That's it. I am so done here."

"Do my eyes decieve me?" Lance suddenly gasped. I raised an eyebrow at him as he walked closer to me. He pushed a few of my hair covering my neck back. "Is this a kiss mark I see on your neck?"

"That's not just a kiss mark." Nicole came closer to me. She laughed. "That's already what you call a love bite."

My eyes widened, and I ran to the mirror on the wall next to the sink. I turned a bit and put all my hair to the other side. And there I saw it.

There it was. On the side of my neck, just right under my ear, was a hickey. A dark purple hickey.

"Oh my gosh," I whispered. I gently dabbed on the sore spot, wincing a little.

"My, my, my, Kathryn." Nicole said, holding in her laughs. "You've got a hickey on your neck."

"My, my, my, Nicole, well so do you." I shot back. She had another hickey on her neck the entire morning, which I'm assuming came from Lance. She'd had her hair down, trying to cover it, which she failed at.

"Yours is even bigger. So HA-HA-HA." I said, walking away from the mirror.

"Austin, mate, make it bigger next time. Yeah?" Lance said, patting Austin on the shoulder.

"Lance! I can't believe you!" I said.

"What are you talking about?" He laughed. "Watching you grow up is the best!"

"Christ just shut up," I said, looking back at the mirror and looking at the dark purple mark on my neck. I started to gently dab on it again, feeling a little pain.

"Have fun staring at your lovebite," Nicole laughed as she walked to the stove and started to make breakfast. I gave her a sarcastic laugh, but I honestly couldn't stop staring at the mark. I felt Austin hug me from behind, looking at me through the mirror.

"It's a lovebite, Austin." I pouted at him.

"It suits you," Austin laughed, leaving a soft kiss on the mark. "Are you sure you don't want me to leave another one, babe?"

"I hate you," I grumbled, walking away from him. I took a frying pan from the cabinet and setting it on the stove.

"Kaaaaaath." Austin started to whine like a child. I turned around and raised an eyebrow at him and turned back around.

"What are you being cold at me for, Lance and Nicole were teasing you about it too!" He pointed it out, holding in his laughs. I was about to respond to that when Lance beat me to it.

"Because we didn't make that lovebite on her neck, you did." Lance said, adding a 'pfft' at the end.

"Oh my god stop calling it a lovebite," I whined, taking the pancake batter from the table.

"Well what else do you want us to call it? A love seal? Love mark? Love making souvenir?" Nicole enumerated, and they started to laugh even worse. "Oh HA-HA. Love making souvenir. Real funny."

"Real Definitions for lovebite," Lance read aloud. I turned around to see him reading something from his phone."Usual American term: hickey. A temporary red mark on a person's skin resulting from kissing or sucking by their lover, a mark left after love making."

"Would you like to shut up now?" I asked him sarcastically, and he just laughed his head off.