Chapter Twenty Four: M'Lady

-KATHRYN-

"Kath kath kath kath kath kath kath kath kath ka-"

"What is it, Austin?" I asked, chuckling.

"Why couldn't the flower ride his bike?" Austin asked me like a child.

I laughed. "Why?"

"Because his petals fell off." He told me, and then he started laughing so hard. I only stared at him in disbelief, my face scrunched up. When I raised an eyebrow at him he stopped laughing, straightening himself. Austin looked down, pouting.

Then I started laughing this time. "I thought you thought it wasn't funny?"

"I'm not laughing about the joke, Austin." I managed to say. "I'm laughing about you. You are beyond adorable, do you know that?"

Austin threw an arm around me, the other hand carrying his cup of ice cream. "I know. But when it comes from you I'm actually starting to believe it."

I gave him a lazy smile, making him laugh. We were walking to the park right now, and I still had about more than half an hour before I have to get home before Lance finally busts a hip and decides to put the entire world into a huge deadly inferno.

"But seriously though that was a horrible joke," I said seriously. Austin frowned at me, making me kiss his cheek. We both laughed, continuing to walk through the park.

That is until a huge swarm of girls decide to attack.

"Oh my god Austin I love you!"

"Marry me!"

"I'm your biggest fan!"

"I love your music oh my god we're so meant to be!"

While he was busy being tackled and probably being half-strangled by his own fans, I sat down on the nearby bench, watching him amusingly. Austin signed things and did autographs nervously, as if his life depended on it. About twenty minutes or so everything was over.

Or atleast I thought it was.

"Wait is that Kathryn Rodriguez?!" I heard one of the girls squeal. My eyes widened as I stared at my cup.

"Oh my gosh yes! It is her!"

"Kath I love you!"

"Your music is just!"

"I love you you're my idol!"

"You saved my life I love you!"

And then all of Austin's so-called fans rushed over to me, and I started to panic, but I put on a smile. I started signing their things and taking pictures and autographs. I saw Austin laughing at me, so I rolled my eyes and mouthed him a small 'I hate you.'. As crazy as my fans get, honestly, it's the least I can do. I don't always get a chance to meet my fans in person, and I always make it my goal to give back to them as much as possible.

I love these dudes so much.

But they're a bit deadly tho.

You'll see what I'm talking about.

"Kath, what are you doing here?" One of the girls asked when they finally settled down.

"Breakfast. Morning stroll," I smiled at her as I signed another autograph.

"But you're with Austin," the other girl said, jerking a thumb back to Austin who was still busy laughing at me. I raised an eyebrow at him and he immediately stopped. I smiled in victory, taking another picture. "Oh my gosh are you guys dating?!"

Before I could answer, the girls got out of control again. I started to laugh at how adorable they were, even if they were unintentionally damaging my hearing system.

Told you they were deadly.

"Whoa whoa whoa!" I heard Austin say, making atleast a few of the girls stop. He put his hands up and walked through the crowd of girls, coming over to me and wrapping an arm around my waist. "Back away ladies, this woman is mine!"

The girls started their rounds of 'aww's which was definitely music to my ears.

"Damn your fans are deadly," Austin whispered to me, making me laugh.

"They're your fans too, Einstein." I said. He chuckled, looking down at me. "They're ours."

"Damn we sound like we have kids," I laughed outloud, making him do the same.

"But are you guys really dating? Like that bf-gf sort of thing?" one of the girls asked. Austin and I looked at eachother with that weird smile, making us both burst into laughter. "I don't know Kath, are we?"

I didn't answer him, instead I hid my face in the crook of his neck, muffling another laugh and stopping myself from blushing. The girls awwed at my reaction. Austin shrugged. "Eh. She's really shy about it because I was so out of her league and-"

"Excuse me?" I said, looking at him with mock disbelief and punching his arm lightly. "You? Out of my league? Nigga you be trippin."

"Oh so you can be a nigga and I can't?" Austin said again. I pulled a face at him.

"Are we seriously going to have this conversation right now?" I asked. He laughed, kissing my hair and turning back to the girls. "Yeah, we're dating."

That was enough to make the girls squeal and do 'aww's. Austin and I covered our ears until they were through. I don't know if I could still handle this. I wish the government would just make up some law that a fan can only squeal up to one time on a specific volume, you know?

"Since when were you guys dating?" one of the girls squeal. I looked at my watch. "About twenty, eleven hours ago or so."

"But it took me twenty one chapters to get her to say yes, so." Austin said. All of us stared at him.

I pulled away from him, putting the back of my palm on his forehead. "Austin, baby, are you running a fever or something?"

Austin shot me a look, making me put my hands up in defense. He rolled his eyes, throwing an arm around me again. "Look, girls, me and m'lady have to go-"

"M'lady?" I asked him. He didn't respond, just put a palm on my face, ignoring me.

"Anyways, we have to go. Media doesn't know about us yet, not even or friends or - so help me God- this woman's brother, and I know he'll flip or hit me with a brick or something. So just keep this a secret until we come off it, okay?" Austin asked the girls nicely. They all nodded their heads vigorously, holding in their squeals.

"Let's go then," I said, pulling Austin along. We both waved bye to the girls and started walking back to his car.

I sat in the shotgun seat, looking at him. "What?"

I raised an eyebrow at him. "M'lady?"