Chapter Fifty Five: Mario Kart

Wait, are you serious?" Kathryn asked, almost yelling on the phone. "The concert is moved? To that night?"

"Yes," Monique Campbelle's voice sounded as stern and official as ever, but that wasn't what got her worried. "Why? Is there a problem with that?"

"We already have a problem before that." she said, slumping into the bean bag chair. "It was bad enough for all of it to fall under one month, but moving the concert to that night? Couldn't it be moved to another night? Or another country? Or to the North Pole? Or some alternate universe so far away from me that I never have to attend to it?"

There was a long silence between the two.

"No," said Monique, and Kath felt like she wanted to scream. She only let out a sound of irritation and frustration, slumping down further into the bean bag chair, her feet dangling lazily. "Kath, what is it this time?"

"You're moving it to July sixteenth." she breathed out.

"And...?" Monique asked, but she didn't answer. "It's your third monthsary, isn't it?"

Kathryn didn't answer again, instead she just sat there, slumped in the somewhat comfortable bean bag chair that was never uncomfortable whatever your position may be. She looked ahead of her and at the windows that let the sunshine in and it lit the room in an amazing way-different patterns of yellow and orange. Between the two window pane and the curtain which were blown gently, were pictures and photographs of them.

"Yes," she said.

"Well congratulations then!" her manager's usual, cheery voice came back. "What do you plan to do?"

"Well," Kathryn sat up in the bean bag chair, somehow feeling a bit happier. "Before you randomly, and so very rudely, threw the fantastic news of the concert's readjustments at me," she started to say. Her eyes lingered on one of the pictures on the wall, her and Austin fighting over the basketball and laughing. "I was thinking along the lines of something like this."

"Now that," said Austin, jabbing a finger towards Trish. "Is truly disgusting."

The five poked their heads in to take a look at whatever was happening. Brad's eyes widened. "That poor...." he stopped in his sentence, trying to find the words to say. "...whatever that is. Did it swallow a balloon or something?"

"No." said Trish. She held it up in her hands higher, but with more caution. "It's a pregnant guinea pig."

It blinked at them, wrinkled its nose and waddled its small arms and paws. They all stared at it with silence, curiosity and mere disgust.

"That's an onion." Ally pointed out, being the smart one in the group. The animal waddled its small arms again, as if reaching out to her. "A large onion."

"That's a potato." said Dez.

"That's a bowling ball." said Austin.

"What is wrong with that coconut?" Nicole asked, watching Lance as he slowly reached a finger to touch the guinea pig, attempting to poke it, until the animal waddled its small paws at him, making him jerk back.