Chapter Forty Nine: Dezmond

Kath

TWO MONTHS LATER

"Do you wanna burn the world down?" Suddenly Trish came up behind me, and I turned around, jumping a little and holding onto my chest. "Trish, what the f-"

"Come on let's go and slaaaaay," she said, dancing away from me and out of the counter. "I never see you anymore, I'll unlock the door, I won't starve you anywaaaaaaaay." I stared at her as she danced around Sonic Boom. "We used to be team evil, and now we're not. I wish you could tell me whyyyyyy."

I stared at her in disbelief. "What the actual f-"

"Do you wanna burn the world down?" She asked, turning around dramatically to look at me. "We could start with a small town,"

I realized she was singing "Do You Wanna Build A Snowman" from Frozen, but a different version. I rolled my eyes, putting my elbows on the counter. I decided to play along with her. "Go away, Trish." I replied, trying to sound like Anna.

Trish frowned. "Okay die."

I started to laugh at her, and she only stared at me. "What was that for?"

"Austin's having a concert in two weeks with some guest star. I thought maybe he could sing that at a concert," Trish said, leaning over the counter. My eyes almost flew wide, but I didn't let that happen. I just stiffened. As she did, I heard the bells and the chimes, reminding me that there were customers coming back and forth in the store. "Some special teenage girl. She's a popstar, an internet sensation, internationally famous."

"Oh," I said. "Are you, uh, going to meet her?"

"I don't know," Trish shrugged. "Austin will be having a three-week practice starting next week. Maybe we'll drop by at one of his practices and meet the girl,"

"Oh," I said for the second time. I didn't really have any much to say. "Good for him, then."

"Speaking of popstar boyfriends," I said, trying to change the subject to something else. I closed the cashier and adjusted the neck of my white knitted sweater that was hanging off of my shoulders, showing the black tank top I had underneath. "How about Jace? You've been together for a long time, why haven't I met him yet."

That was a total lie. I knew Jace was from Albuquerque and I knew the guy was starting to become a youtube sensation. He was doing tricks on skateboards and doing covers and he got famous in an instant, though the guy didn't officially have the career yet, or have a concert, or atleast have a manager.

Just then did I realize I've already been in Miami for almost three months. And most of the time I'm either with Ally or Trish or Austin or Lance or Nicole. Time was flying by fast and I've been coming closer to these guys. "Busy being an internet sensation, I guess." She shrugged.

"But we still talk. So that's good." Trish smiled. Suddenly the door to the practice room upstairs flew open, and Ally came down. She was in jeans and a shirt and her hair was tied up in a ponytail, the blond highlights of her light brown hair showing. "Why do toilets have to be so loud?" She complained to us, coming down the stairs. "Seriously I could go to the toilet and be half-asleep and then I flush. And it's like a mariachi band started playing in my house at three in the morning,"

I stared at her in disbelief. Meanwhile Trish just widened her eyes. "Why does you toilet sound like a mariachi band?" she asked. "I need one of those,"

I laughed to myself, pressing my thumb and my index finger to the middle of my forehead. Ally walked over to the counter and bent over, pulling a drawer open and pulling something out.

It was round.

It was brown.

And it was a potato.