Chapter Ten: The Past Few Weeks Be Like

"YOU DID WHAT"

"I'M SORRY"

"BUT I THOUGHT YOU DESPISED HER"

"I DID TOO"

Ally smirked. "So you do fancy Kath?"

I glared at Ally. "Basically this is your fault, you know."

Lance smirked. "The dare was for her to kiss you," he reminded me. "I didn't tell you to make out. You were snogging her for a solid two minutes."

So let's go back a couple weeks, shall we? A lot of crazy stuff has happened, but let's focus on what's been going on between Kathryn and I.

Everything started when we got mobbed at like, two in the afternoon. Paps had swarmed us, everything was so noisy but I remembered how nervous Kathryn was getting. She wasn't afraid, no, I know she's been dealing with this for some time now. But this time she was getting crowded over, and she was having trouble breathing.

And I was like, NO. STEP AWAY FROM THE LADY, GENTS.

I'd scooped her up in my arms that day. I've never done a gesture that big, and so public.

For some reason I really didn't like seeing her nervous, then I saw the scrape on her knee. But I felt the need to protect her that day.

The feelings got a lot worse right after.

I'd carried her back to Sonic Boom.

-recap time again lol-

I bent down, setting her down on her feet gently. "Gently, you idiot. Don't break your leg."

Kathryn looked at me. "Well someone's being quite concerned?"

"Ally is going to murder me when she sees that scrape," I said, looking at her knee. She was wearing a vneck and high waisted shorts with her vans today.

She smiled. "Suddenly that thought makes me very happy,"

I glared at her.

"Let's just get that cleaned, please." I asked. I walked over to the counter, pulling out a first-aid kit. I fished for alcohol and cotton.

"It's fine, Austin. I can deal with this."

"No you can't."

"Just let me clean it myself."

"Absolutely not."

"Why not!"