Chapter Forty One: Boy Territory

-KATHRYN POV-

"Hey, you two." Lance and I turned around to see Austin and Nicole at the kitchen door. I smiled at them. "Hey. Come on out,"

Austin slid the glass door open, and they came into the backyard. Lance and I stood up from the floor, dusting ourselves off.

"Hey, babe." Lance kissed Nicole on the cheek, giving her a teasing smile. She started to blush, and Austin and I gave eachother these looks as we muffled our laughs.

"So, how'd your day go?" Austin asked me.

"I guess it was okay." I smiled at Lance jokingly. "Wasn't it, Lance?"

"Screw you." He blurted out, and I just laughed at him.

"So I see," Austin said, looking at us skeptically. He pulled his arms out to hug me, but then I started to back away from him.

"Blondie. Babe. No. You can't hug me. Not now." I said.

"But whyyyyyy." He whined.

"Because," I started to say. "Every single part of me is smelly and sweaty."

"Well I don't care. I haven't seen my beautiful girlfriend all day because I had to give her away to her brother for the entire day. So I'd pretty much appreciate it if she'd let me hug her. Sweaty or not, you are going to come here and let me love you, young lady." Austin said, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into a tight hug. I laughed, wrapping my arms gently around his neck and hugging him back.

"You really can't go an entire day without me, can you?" I teased him, burying my nose in the crook of his neck.

"Don't flatter yourself," he laughed. "But I have to say, you are literally the only person I know who can be covered in sweat and twenty various kinds of oils, and still manage to smell like unicorns and rainbows."

"My, my, my. You really know how to make your girl feel flattered, don't you?" I laughed.

He shook his head. "You're so small, Kath."

"SCREW YOU." I said, pulling away from him. But he only pulled me back, wrapping his hands around my waist tighter.

"Don't be like that, babe." I rolled my eyes at him. "You said I was small."

Austin laughed, kissing my nose. "It's cute."

"You realize we're standing right here beside you, right?" Nicole blurted out, raising her hands. Austin laughed, burying his face in the crook of my neck this time. "You two are literally the awkwardest, most retarded and weirdest couple to have ever existed on this planet."

"God. You two are so mushy now," Lance groaned. I rolled my eyes, hitting him in the chest.

"Speaking of mushy," I said, elbowing Lance. He just gave me a questioning look, and I widened my eyes at him, raising my eyebrows.

"Oh. Right," He said, running back inside the house. Nicole raised an eyebrow at me, and I just smiled at her then hugged Austin again, burying my face in the crook of his neck. He laughed, wrapping me again in a tight hug.

"You smell nice," I whispered under his ear. He chuckled. "You smell like unicorns,"

"SERIOUSLY YOU TWO ARE SO WEIRD ARE YOU SURE YOU'RE HUMAN," Nicole blurted out.

"LANCE GET BACK HERE YO GF BE IN NEED OF SOME SERIOUS LOVIN" Austin yelled and I laughed into his shirt. Nicole rolled her eyes and I felt Austin kiss the top of my head. Later Lance came back, a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"I missed you as much as Austin missed his fire-breathing she-demon girlfriend, only I admitted that I couldn't really go an entire day without you," I rolled my eyes at his small remark, while he gave her the roses. She took them, blushing, but said absolutely nothing at all.

Austin bent down to my ear, and whispered, "Was that your doing?"

I shrugged my shoulders. "He's got some serious girl problems. He couldn't figure his own girlfriend out. Girls love randomly romantic and mushy surprises."

"Remind me to buy you an entire garden the next time I come by your house," Austin whispered again. I laughed, punching him in the shoulder. He just laughed, wrapping an arm around my shoulders as I kissed his cheek.

"If I smell these will water go off in my face?" Nicole said, looking at the flowers then back up skeptically at her boyfriend.

"Do I look like a clown to you?" Lance asked.

"Dude, don't ask a question you definitely do not want to hear the answer to," Austin said. They both rolled their eyes while I laughed, taking the ball tucked under Lance's arm and dribbling it on the concrete floor.

"Wait, you play basketball?" Austin asked. "You? A seventeen year-old teenage girl? A female?"

"And why not?" I asked. "All you have to do is run up and down the court and shoot the ball right through the hoop. Sounds easy enough. I don't see anything so difficult about that."

"But," he started to say. "But you're a girl."

"And so?"

"But.... but," Austin started to say again. "But you can't do that. You're a girl. That's like... crossing boy territory,"

"Woah. Woah. WHOAH. SLOW DOWN BLONDIE." I held my hand up. "One, basketball was never, not even once, proclaimed as an official all-boys sport. And second, don't be a sexist. that's not the only "boy sport" I play, you know."

Austin shot a look at Nicole and Lance. Nicole nodded. "That's true y'know."

"Oh yeah?" He said, raising an eyebrow at me cockily, crossing his arms. "What else."

I raised an eyebrow right back at him."Hockey. Soccer. Football. Table Tennis. Pingpong. Badminton. Tennis. Quiditch. "

He shot a look back at the both of them again. Lance sighed. "Yep. She's actually that good."

Austin looked back at me, up and down, analyzing all of me blankly. I smiled at him. "Got anything else to say, mister smarty-pants?"

He half-opened his mouth, about to say something as he raised a a finger. But then he dropped that finger and closed his mouth again and I chuckled at him.

"Thought so," I laughed.

He opened his mouth again. "You do realize that you have just made yourself ten times more attractive to me, right?"

"I am very much aware of that," I said, patting his cheek and walking past him, leaving him stunned.