Chapter Sixty Six: Oprah

"I hope your gravestone is in comic sans"

"I hope you have to use algebra in your career"

""I HOPE YOU LOSE ALL YOUR SHOES AND YOU HAVE TO WEAR CROCS"

"I HOPE YOU STEP ON A LEGO" James let out a loud gasp, looking offended. "I HOPE YOU POUR IN YOUR BOWL OF CEREAL BEFORE YOU EVE REALIZE THERE'S NO MILK IN THE FRIDGE"

This time Tristan gasped, looking truly offended as well. Connor only rolled his eyes, listening at their argument. "If somebody were to stab me with a fork right now, that would be great." he whispered.

James and Tristan eyed eachother. In a whisper, James opened his mouth,

"..... I hope they cancel Oprah."

Tristan gasped again, looking genuinely offended. Then he raised an eyebrow at James, squinting his eyes at him.".....Megan."

Meanwhile, Connor was frantically calling Brad on his phone, and when he finally did, "HOW DARE YOU LEAVE ME WITH THESE EVIL LITTLE ELVES AT THE AIRPORT WHILE YOU LOLLYGAG WITH YOUR AMERICAN LADY YOU UNCULTURED SWINE"

"PICK ME UP NOW"

"Christ you sound like a needy girlfriend," Brad said. "We are so not dating."

Brad burst into laughs on the other line, making Connor frown. "GET ME AWAY FROM HERE"

"Lad, please calm down."

"I WILL NOT CALM DOWN" Connor yelled. He started to pull on a terrified face. "They're talking about..."

"About what, Con?"

".... Cancelling Oprah," he whispered. Brad gasped on the other line. "I am so sorry for leaving you with those... those little elves."

Connor folded his lips in and started to make little sobbing sounds. "Connor?" Brad said. "Are you sobbing?"

"I AM NOT" He said immediately. "But please take me home," he said, his voice getting a bit squeaky.

"WHAT IS ALL THIS SMACK ABOUT A LITTLE AUSTRALIAN BOY CANCELLING OPRAH?"

James, Tristan and Connor all turned around to see a teenage girl with long light brown curls that was tied in a ponytail but still seemed to reached her waist, blue eyes, long natural eyelashes, and was dressed in skinny jeans, floral vans, a tank top and a black hoodie.

James smiled. "KATHRYN MIKAELA!"

Kath dropped the angry look and smiled at him. James walked over and wrapped her in a hug. "Were you the one talking smack about cancelling Oprah?" Kathryn asked, her voice muffled as she nuzzled her face into his neck.

"But Tristan told me to go step on a lego," James said, pulling a baby voice on.

Connor, Nicole, Lance, Brad and Kathryn all let out a collective gasp, looking to Tristan with horrified looks."....Tristan!" Nicole said, her hand over her heart. "How dare you curse someone with those miniature torture devices!"

"Sooooooooooo much drama," Connor whined. Brad raised an eyebrow at him. "You remember sobbing over the phone just a solid fifteen minutes ago, right?"

Connor rolled his eyes, laughing as he and Brad high-fived. The group hugged and high-fived and started chatting on their way out of the airport. They loaded their bags into the van and got in as well.