Chapter Twenty Six: Feisty

-KATHRYN-

"HAY GURL HAAAY," Ally greeted me as I walked into the store. I stopped in my tracks and widened my eyes, horrified at her. "What?"

"Seriously the people here have got to stop trying to be gangsters and crap," I muttered, walking into the store and going behind the counter, helping Ally out.

"Sooooo," Ally said, nudging me. "How was the date?"

Atleast a small smile spread on my lips. "Where'd did you go? What did you see? Did you and Austin bond like super glue?"

"I, uh, really don't want to talk about it right now," I said, scratching the back of my neck and resting my back on the counter. "Why? Did something go wrong? Did you and Austin get mobbed on the date or chased by wild bunny rabbits and other strange creatures?"

"No- Actually Yes. How'd you know?"

"We all know the horrible fact that Austin can't drive a car. Trish and I expected you to walk or something. Guess Momma Nature isn't such a pro on your date," Ally laughed, trying to sound like some sort of rapper or gangster. I pulled a face on at her, scrunching my nose. She saw my face and stopped, walking away.

I put my elbows on the counter and rested my chin on my palms, letting out an exasperated sigh. A pair of arms snaked around my waist, and a familiar scent went up my nose. "Well somebody seems frustrated and tired,"

"Hey," I smiled at him in a low voice, kissing his cheek.

"You look a bit off," Austin said, resting his chin on my shoulder. "How'd the talk with Lance and Nicole go?"

"It didn't go so well," I answered."I just pissed Lance off. He probably hates me now."

"But isn't that what little sisters are supposed to do? Annoy their super hot and incredible and awesome and hot and amazing big brothers like moi?" Austin asked, pointing to himself. I shot him a look. He put his hands up in defense. "Okay. You're serious. I get that."

"It's official. He doesn't trust me," I whispered, my voice starting to crack. Austin snaked his arms back around my waist. "Hey. Come on. Don't cry over something like that. It's just a little argument, that's all. You guys do this all the time, don't you? Isn't that like, a big bro- little sis thing?"

I let out another exasperated sigh, blowing at the few strands of hair covering my face. I felt my eyes starting to sting. "We always do. It was our thing. But now he's just... mad at me. And I-"

I cut myself off, because I felt like I would cry if I said another word. Austin must've noticed, because he put his hands on my hips and turned me around, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me into a hug.

I buried my face in the crook of his neck, letting a few tears fall down. Me crying over an argument with my brother wasn't something I thought I would ever do. We just stayed like that for awhile, until he piped up. "Kath, baby. Honestly I don't have anything to say right now, and I really suck at being a softie and being doctor Phil and crap, so I'll just hug you until you realize that everything will be okay. Okay?"