Chapter Seventeen: "This Teenage Love"

"Someone mention my name?" Nicole said as she leaned on the door. She had her arms crossed, a cocky smile on her lips. After a long silence, Kathryn cracked a smile. "NICOLE HERNANDEZ IN DA HOUSE" she yelled in a manly voice.

"Nicole! Oh my god!" Kathryn beamed, running to hug her. Nicole laughed, hugging her even tighter. "What the actual fuck are you doing here! I thought I was supposed to pick you up at the airport tonight-"

"I know you're lost and confused without me, so." She gave Kathryn a sad smile. She only laughed. "I haven't seen you in forever!" Kathryn whined.

"Do not cry, my sweet child. Mama's here now," Nicole said, pulling her in for another hug. The two felt like they might actually cry.

The last Kathryn saw Nicole was when she dropped off Nicole at the airport in New York. The plane she took was to Phoenix, Arizona, and she was just about to start her US Tour. That was a solid six months ago, she's been on tour for half a year.

Kathryn, Trish, Austin and Ally only stared at Lance who had an unreadable expression on his face. It was a mix of sadness, shock and happiness. The four seemed to find Lance's reaction completely hilarious.

"Hey," said Ally to Lance. "Go hug your girlfriend, or Kathryn ships her back to Mexico."

Trish and Austin had pushed Lance towards Nicole, while Kathryn had nudged Nicole closer to her big brother. They had only stared at eachother; Lance didn't exactly find this awkward, he was just surprised. Over four months Nicole had changed. Her brown hair had turned lighter, it was now past her waist. The last time he had seen her, her hair was straight, now it was permanently wavy which suited her.

"Hey?" Nicole tried to smile.

Nicole, on the other hand, found this awkward as well. They hadn't been this close for four months. They were so close to eachother, it reminded Austin and Kathryn of how they were in the closet. They were chest to chest, and Nicole had looked up to Lance. She noticed how her boyfriend got even taller.

Her heart was racing when she noticed that Lance had his eyes on her lips.

"Oi," said Trish, and they both looked at her. "Could you two just kiss so we can get this along?"

"I, uh," Nicole started to 'subtly' back away from him. "I think I should take care of my luggage fi-"

But then Lance took a step forward, gently grabbing her hand and pulling her close to him, no space whatsoever in between. He only looked down at her, placed his hand at the small of her back, gently pulling her against him, and kissing her. The contact surprised Nicole, but then she relaxed her shoulders, wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back, melting in the process.

The other started to whistle and holler.

"Aww."

"That's so sweet!"

"Bah. Mushy people."

Austin, Ally and Kathryn turned to Trish. She put her hands up in defense. "Now Ally and I have to deal with two couples being jiggy in our presence," She said, shooting an accussing look at Kathryn and Austin. "This Teenage Love. It sickens me," she scoffed.

They turned to Lance and Nicole, who were still making out -much to Trish's dismay-, but Lance had already picked her off the floor with no difficulty, without even breaking the kiss.

"Are you guys done making out yet?" Trish whined, completely ruining the moment. Kathryn chucked a pillow at her which she didn't catch this time.

Lance and Nicole laughed, a bit embarrassed. He set her back down on the floor, smiling widely at them "Anyways. N, this is Trish, All-

"I know," Nicole said, wrapping an arm around her boyfriend's waist. Then she smiled warmly at Ally and Trish. "We've met."

Kathryn seemed concerned. "When?"

"International Music Awards," Trish smiled. Nicole hugged the both of them. "How have you been?" Ally asked.

"I've been good," She said.

"She," Lance said. "-was supposed to be on her way to New York for a concert." Then he shot an accusing look at his little sister, who gave him an innocent smile.

Nicole slapped his chest. "It's not Kath's fault," She said, then hesitated. "Wait, actually it was. But she told me not to come. But I came anyways." Kathryn glared.

"What's so important that you flew down here to Miami in the middle of your tour?" Ally asked.

"We had a Code Aquamarine situation,"

"A what?"

"It's a best friend thing," Kathryn said, winking at Nicole.

"So you have a code for basically every situation?"

Nicole was about to answer, but Lance clamped his hand over his girlfriend's mouth. "You really don't want to get them started, mate." He told Austin.

Austin only grinned. He's only met Nicole for a solid five minutes, but whenever she and Kathryn stood beside each other, he could tell that they were so alike; they were each other's halves. "These girls, mate." Austin told Lance, smiling.

Nicole squinted her eyes at Austin. "So you're the Code Aquamarine situation,"

Austin looked confused. "Wait, what-"

Nicole looked to Kathryn. "Shall we dispose of him?"

"WAIT OH MY GOD NO" Kathryn stopped her.