Chapter Eighteen: Twenty Questions

"Jfc, so brutal." Kathryn said, pulling Austin away from Nicole.

Lance looked down at his girlfriend. "Is this always your 'plan of action'whenever you have a 'Code Aquamarine' situation?"

"I don't know," Nicole said, staring at Kathryn. "We don't usually kiss the boys we-"

"Hey Nicole," Kathryn said. "Shut up." she said, making Nicole pull a face on her.

"Oh, so now you actually like the guy?" Nicole said, nodding towards Austin.

"What, I-"

"Oh, so you do like me?" Austin said, wiggling his eyebrows at her. Kathryn gave him a sweet smile, shoving her hand into his face.

"Kathryn," Nicole whispered in a scolding tone. "I thought you despised every single part of that boy?"

"I di-"

"Actually she never did despise him entirely," Ally cut in, cutting Kathryn off and making her groan. "I mean, they pull pranks on each other and bicker and fight and call each other names, but half of the time they flirt-"

"WE DON'T"

Ally gave Kathryn a warning look. "Girl don't make me knock you out,"

"Oh?" Nicole asked, raising an eyebrow at her bestfriend. "So they flirt?"

"But-"

"So you're Austin," Nicole said, looking him up and down, basically scanning him. "The guy Mikaela has been talking so much about,"

"Wait, you talk about me?" Austin cheekily smiled.

Kathryn's eyes widened at her. "What? Ofcourse not! No I don't! I talk about you an ample amount of time! Nicole what are you talking about!"

"Aw, you talk about me!" Austin gushed, making her blush even worse. He laughed, pulling Kathryn in for a tight hug. "No need to be ashamed, love. I find it adorable!"

"She's blushing again," Ally grinned, elbowing Trish. Nicole shot her a look, a look that said "I will literally slap you with a fish."

"You guys aren't dating?" Nicole smiled, a fake one which Kathryn knew, making her roll her eyes. "You're so complicated, jfc."

"They're sort of," Trish said. "They've had this complicated love-hate dilemma the first two months. They were constantly bickering and fighting and insulting and we had to deal with it,"

"And the pranks," Ally shot an accusing look at the both of them. "These two frustrate me."

"We're just friends. Right, Kath?" Austin said, resting his chin on Kathryn's shoulder, teasing her.

Lance laughed. " Friends don't kiss, Austin. Or hug. Or make out. Or hold hands. Or get jealou-"

"Hey Lance," Kathryn said, pulling on a sarcastic smile. "Shut up." Lance only grinned. "What are you two even doing here."

"What do you mean?"

"You guys haven't seen eachother in four months. You two need some serious private time. Go out on a date or something. Have some fun." Kathryn suggested. So in about half an hour after talking, eating an entire bag of chips and a pair of shoes flying across the sky, the two went out, leaving her to deal with these three idiots.

"So speaking of dates," Ally started to say. They all turned their heads her way. "What about you two? When will you officially go on a date or something?"

"What are you talking about," Austin said. "We went out two days ago,"

Austin looked to Kathryn for approval, and she nodded in agreement. She licked her lips and set down the bag of chips. "True."

Trish looked at the two as if she were to smite them. "Austin," she said, in a numb voice, "You took Kathryn to the supermarket to watch lobsters fighting,"

"We made bets," Kathryn said. "I made a bet on Gary and he won,"

Ally put her fingers to her temples and massaging them. "They're frustrating me again,"

"Okay, so do you.... still wear Spongebob underpants." Kathryn said, staring at the ceiling. Austin coughed, making her look at him and laugh.

"What? What kind of question is that!"

"A question that requires answering." She said with an almost serious face. All he did was popping his lips as he looked away from her gaze. Kathryn started to laugh again. "You still do, don't you!"

"N-No! Ofcourse I don't! Silly you! What would make you think that!"

Kathryn raised an eyebrow at him. "Austin I've seen you hang on monkey bars it's not such a beautiful sight back here."

"What are you even talking about?"

"We've seen your underpants, Einstein. It has 'Spongebob Squarepants' written all over the garter." She said seriously. He started to get red from embarrasment. "Oh, and it also has a 'Nickelodeon' tag hanging out on the side so it kinda gives that away."

"No it does not!" Austin said, standing up. She got on her elbows and tilted her head to the side. At the moment, they were both at Jimmy's recording studio, and they were taking a break. They had laid down on the carpet, staring at the ceiling as the played twenty questions. "How do you know?"

"Well I can see it right now that's how." She sweetly smiled at him. Austin's eyes widened as he pulled up his pants. She started to laugh hysterically. "Okay, really funny Kath. Real mature."

"Not as mature as you wearing Spongebob underwear," She said, still laughing. She saw him roll his eyes at her. When her stomach started to hurt, Kathryn stopped laughing, lying on the floor. "Are you done yet?"

"No, not really." She answered. "Where did you even buy those?"

"Ah-ah-ah. I don't think so. I'll be asking the questions here, young lady. Incase you haven't noticed, we're playing twenty questions. It's my turn, not yours." Austin said. He lied back down next to her.

"Okay shoot."

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Kathryn looked at him, her mouth slightly open. All he did was smile. "What?"

"I know you're half spanish but you don't expect me to learn your native language just to ask you the same question the second time around." He said. "I'm just asking you a yes or no question. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Kathryn smiled at Austin. He really looked nervous which was obvious. She found that rather adorable. She giggled, bending down to kiss his nose. "How's about... you take me out on that date Saturday night I overheard you were planning on doing and you ask me that again at the end of the day?"