Chapter 52

Harry POV

It has been a month.

I needed time to think things over because this is about me and Jade. I have to fix this. I know that she's hurt, really hurt. She texted me non-stop but I didn't reply a single text or even an emoji. Nothing. She calls me non-stop but I would just let it be, not answering it. I know it's a complete torture for the both of us but I really have to set aside having conversations with her because I'll just end up breaking down and I hate it when she worries about me.

It's not that I don't want to talk to her anymore. I really do miss her, so damn much that it freaking hurts but I'm doing this for us. I thought I made it clear in the small letter that I left on her desk. I would always check my phone from time to time, re-reading all her texts.

I hope you're fine. I miss you.

Please come back.

Just had a meeting with the management and the stunt is still going on. I can't do anything about it. I'm so sorry, please come back. I need you.

Harry, please. Don't do this. We can talk this out together. I don't want you taking all the blame.

It's also my fault, Harry. Just please come back.

You read the news? You watched the television? It's not true, okay? Liam and I are not together. It's fake, okay? I love you.

Are you hurt? I'm so sorry. The management told me that it would just be a month and then I'm out with this stunt.

I read every newspaper that has an article about her and Liam. I watched all the interviews that they had together. It fucking hurts, seeing them all lovey dovey in front of the screen but it's just fake, right? All the holding hands and kisses on the cheek don't mean anything, right?

She's still mine and I'm still hers, right?

Until now, I still receive texts and calls from her but I still haven't responded to any of those. So I decided to borrow Zayn's phone.

I'm living with Zayn since I left Jade's house. His place is a bit far so there would be fewer chances that Jade can find me and besides, Jade doesn't know where Zayn lives.

My fingers typed down her number on the screen. I memorized her number already. I just want to hear her voice again. She doesn't have to know that it's me that is calling her. All I have to do is to stop my mouth from speaking or else she'll recognize me and I would hear her crying again and I don't want that.

After the first ring, she picked up.

"Hello?" God, I miss her. "Uh, hello? Who is this? I happened not to save your number by the way." She chuckles. I miss that. "I'm sorry but who is this?"

I stayed silent, biting my bottom lip to stop myself from speaking as tears flowed down in my cheek. "Um, I'm really sorry but if you're speaking right now, I really can't hear you. Maybe I have a bad signal here. I'm sorry." She's so cute.