Chapter 41

Jade POV

"Jade. Jade." The voice is raspy yet so vulnerable to hear. 

"Jade." I slowly blink my eyes and as soon as my vision was back, I was welcomed by a smiling Cameron who's squeezing my hand.

"Oh my- Cam!" I didn't have any second thoughts of hugging him because I just miss him, so much, even though I'm lying with him all night, but still.

"Ouch! Ouch!"

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry. God, I missed you." I said as tears started to blur my eyes.

"It's okay." He chuckles. "But hey now, don't cry. I'm here. I'm alive, you know? I'm still breathing." He smiles.

"God, don't you ever, ever, scare me like that." 

"I won't but I really thank you for staying here with me, Jade. I really appreciate it." He grins.

"It's no problem. I'm your friend, remember?" I smile. "Here, have some water." I said, as I took a glass and fill it with water for him to drink.

"Thanks."

 ***

As soon as I called Kate, telling her the good news, she didn't hesitate to come and visit Cam right away.

"Does your head still hurt?" Kate asks.

"A little, but I'm going to have my medicine later." Cam smiles. "And, Jade?" He said, shifting his gaze to me. I was sitting to the little sofa and I can feel myself nodding off because I'm really tired.

"Yes?" I said, trying myself to be alive.

"You really have to go home and rest. I know you're tired because you lay with me all night." To be honest, I'm dying to lay in my bed and nuzzle my face in my pillow but of course, I don't want to leave Cam here.

"No, no. It's okay. I'm going to be okay, really. You don't have to worry-"

"Jade. It's okay that you're going to lie to me but the look in your face surely betrays you. Come on. You need a comfortable bed to sleep on." Cam smiles.

"Cam's right, Jade. You have to go home. I already told Aunt May that I'm going to help Cam here." Kate said.

Well, what can I do? I don't have a choice.

"Okay." I sigh. "But, I'm going to visit here tonight, okay? I'm going to buy fruits for Cam." I said.

"Okay, take care!" Kate said.

"I will." I smile.

I was about to grab the door knob when Cameron's voice stopped me.

"Jade?"

"Yes?" I spun around, giving him my full attention. 

"Thank you... for everything. Please, take care." Cam said, giving me his warm smile.

"I will, Cam. I will."

And with that, I closed the door and head home.

Harry POV

"Haz, can we just stroll around London, today? I'm having a bored time here." Zayn said, giving me a glare. He's been saying the same words again and again.

"No. We're going to stay here at this house until Jade will call me, got it?" I growl. We're already home from the resort and to be honest, I did had a great time.

"Haz, I'm pretty sure she's sleeping. She's tired, you know?" 

"I don't trust you. Just, please? Just for today. I promise we'll stroll around tomorrow."