Chapter 36

Jade POV

We are now on this so called 'Rigby's Bar' that Cameron said earlier. The bar wasn't that full but I can see groups of teenagers hanging out too so I bet this is a great bar. The band whose playing in the bar is quite cool, too, and everyone is dancing with the blasting music.

"I haven't been here but this place is so cool!" Kate yelled, because the music is blasting so loud that we can't hear each other, almost.

"I know! Where is Cameron?" 

"He's going out to have some drinks but he'll be back any minute!" Kate said and I just nodded, while Kate and I we're dancing with the blasting music.

The song ended and the people howled and clapped their hands.

"You guys are so incredible tonight! Now, before we end this show tonight, I'll pick one from you guys to sing with us here! Any song will do, now, anyone?!" The lead singer said, who I learned that the name is John.

John scanned the crowd until his eyes met mine and he flashed a grin towards my direction. He's not going to pick me, right?

"I think I already found one. Now, can the girl whose wearing stripes come here on stage?" The peoples gaze averted to me and I was left  speechless.

The girl whose wearing stripes was no one but me.

Kate nudge my shoulder, telling me to go on stage. Holy shit. I'm not going to go on stage and sing with this huge crowd. Never.

"Come on! Don't be shy!" John yelled as the crowds howled in agreement. Fuck.

I slowly made my way to the stage as John offered his hand to me. I was already on the stage, feeling very nervous. I should have stayed home.

"So, what's your name?" John asked.

"I-I'm Jade." I smiled, shyly.

"Hi Jade. Now, can you sing for us? Any song will do. Don't be shy." John said, smiling at me and I just bit my lip, looking at Kate who was now with Cameron and I'm not surprised that I saw them trying to control their laughter. I shot them a death glare and they shrugged. 

I was about to walk away and go home but John gripped my arm. Oh god. 

"Come on! Just one song. Please, Jade?" He pouted and I can't help but let out a small laugh. Well, what can I do? I can't escape this now. It's just one song, anyway.

"Uh, I'm going to sing 'The Only Exception'." I said and the crowd started to howl in excitement. 

All I can say is wow. I've never been into crowds before and I swear, it's a great feeling.

"Okay! That's the spirit! Now, let us welcome Jade, who'll be singing 'The Only Exception'. If you guys know the song, you can sing with her." John said to the crowd as I heard the first chords of the song.

When I was younger I saw my daddy cry

And curse at the wind

He broke his own heart and I watched

As he tried to reassemble it.

And my momma swore 

That she would never let herself forget.

And that was the day that I promised

I'd never sing of love if it does not exist.

The crowd was silent the whole time and I wonder what they we're thinking about my horrible voice. Oh god. This is so embarrassing. 

But darling,