Chapter 5

Jade POV

As I decided to have some rest after a heart-to-heart talk with mom, my phone rang.

It's Niall.

"Jade, how are you?" he said.

"I'm okay. I told mom, already." I said.

"Really? That's a good start." he said, he seem so happy.

"Yea, finally. A heavy brick is now lifted." I said.

"What did she said?" he asked.

"She said that I still do have the right to say my feelings for him even though he and Selena are together, and that I should be strong," I sighed.

"And yes, she's right. I do have the right to say my feelings but it's not that easy anymore especially Selena is a big war freak." I added.

"Chill down. You have me and El." he said. Oh, shit. El. I forgot about her. She's in London and she and Harry are childhood friends, and I guess if you're wondering, she's the first one who knows my feelings for Harry. El is also someone I can trust about my feelings for Harry. She knows how I fan girl over him. Yes, perks of being a girl.

Niall and El are close friends since fifth grade but El transferred to London when she turned 18. I miss her already.

"Have you called her already?" he asked.

"I haven't. I know I'm being an ass but I promise, I'll call her later. I miss El." I said.

"Okay. Text or call me when you need something,  okay?" he said.

"I will." I said,  then he hang up.

Once the line went dead, I dialed El's number.

"Jadey!" she shouted from the other line. Aaawe.

"El! I miss you so much!" I said.

"I miss you, too. You haven't call for months, already. Are you okay?" she asked.

"I'm 50% okay and 50% not." I said, saying the obvious.

"Aaawe, jadey. I'm so sorry for not being there when you need me. What is it all about?" she asked.

I told her what happened last week. The bad timing that caused my heart into pieces and my heart-to-heart talk with mom.

"Harry didn't trust you? How dare he-"

"Shh, it's okay. He's just finding the right timing for it to say those words, though, yes, it hurts but nah." I said.

"Oh, and by the way, I have good news!" I added, yelling like a kid who just won a prize.

"Okay okay, calm down, sweetie. My ears are going to explode." she said, chuckling.

"I convinced my mom to go to London!" I squealed. 

The line was silent. 

"El, are you there?" I said. 

"Y-yes. That's great, Jade." I frowned. She doesn't seem happy. I wonder why she's not.

"Aren't you happy? We're going to see each other after 3 long years. Is something wrong?" I said. I'm starting to worry about her.

"I'm happy, Jade. Nothing's wrong. I'm just tired right now." she said.

"Oh, I'm so sorry to disturb you." I said.

"No, it's okay. Text me for the news, okay?" she said.

"I will. Get some rest, El. I'm so sorry." I said.

"I'm fine. Bye, jadey." she said.

"Bye, El." then the line went dead.

I placed my phone in the bed and changed my clothes into a blue shirt which is Harry's. I don't care if I don't wear any shorts by now. The shirt is way long which ended up below my thighs. I jumped in bed and read wattpad stories.

As I check the time, it's almost 11:00 and I don't want to wake up with a bad headache. I set aside my phone and hugged my pillow. This was a long day.

***

I woke up with with sun rays on my face. My eyes hurt. Damn it. I forgot to close my curtains last night. I checked my phone and got a missed call from Harry which was from 12:11 in the midnight. 

Ooookay?

What is he up to?

I checked the time and it's already 8:00 in the morning.

I stood up and went downstairs to treat myself with oreos and milk. Hah.

As I finished eating my precious oreos, I checked my pocket to find my phone- wait. I don't have any damn pockets. I'm just wearing Harry's shirt and my undies. Damn it. I left it upstairs.

I ran upstairs, heading to my room. I grab my phone and thought of calling Harry. 

No. You'll just remember that bad timing you planned last week.

My subconscious said.

I set it aside. It's just a call, by the way. I just want to ask him why is he calling in a midnight.

I dialed his number and after two rings, an unexpected voice welcomed me.

"Who is this?"

Its Selena.

--END OF CHAPTER 5--

Hanging chapter! Hahaha, what do you think about this chapter? What do you think about El? Comment your opinions below and don't forget to vote if you liked this chapter ;) 

GOOD NEWS! Pretend It's Okay just got 100+ votes! Thank you so so so much for your support! Can't believe you liked the story. Thank you so much! I love you guys to the moon and back!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @unflawedhoran