Chapter 53

Harry POV

The moment I saw her with Liam beside her, it really broke me.

But when you take Liam in the picture, I wanted to embrace her in a hug and kiss her until we ran out of breath but then Liam is here. That's the worst part.

"H-Harry..." Her voice sounding like she's about to cry while Liam's face is mixed with concern and confusion.

"Wait, you're Harry? Wow, nice to finally meet you, bro. Jade has been talking a lot about you." Liam smiled. He seriously doesn't have a clue what is happening right now.

"I guess I'm interrupting something. I'll go back later." I said, forcing a smile to the both of them but Jade stopped me before I can even walk backwards.

"No, please stay." She said, gripping my hand really tight.

"Oh, uh, I should really leave now though because Danielle might be already waiting for me. It was nice finally meeting you, Harry." He said, walking away not even waiting for one of us to reply.

When we're already alone, I can feel Jade's bambi eyes staring at me.

"Say something, please. You told me you'll explain everything as soon as you get home." Her voice is pleading and I know she's close from crying right now.

I let out a long breathe before speaking, "Selena and I talked. I left because Selena and I needed to talk." I said as I watch her close her eyes as tears roll down on her cheek.

"Oh. Did you fix everything between you and her already? Are you here to announce a break up for us? That's why you left because you needed to fix things between you and her not for you and me." She spat even though her voice breaks.

"No," I said, shaking my head. "She's a great help in our situation right now, Jade. She's a great person." Her face is mixed with confusion and hurt and I do understand why her reactions are like that.

"A great person? Harry, she's the reason why you're hurt when you came to me in London and then you're saying she's a great person. What is wrong with you?" She said as she pushed me with her two hands away from her. "I mean, who am I kidding? You and her talked and probably, you're still in love with her because I'm just a freaking rebound, right?" She's already sobbing. I took a few steps towards her but she stopped me again.

"Jade, I lied, okay? I wasn't really in a relationship with Selena back then. It was all just a play because she threatened me that she'll kill my mom and you know that Selena has a lot of connections and I was scared. I can't afford to lose my mom but then it comes out that she's just forced, too." I said.

"What?"

"Yes, Jade. She was forced to do that by El. El is the person behind all of these. She also threatened Selena that's why Selena agreed to her. El wanted Selena to kidnap me and send me to London to El because it comes out that El has some deep feelings for me. She was desperate to have me."

"I don't know what to feel, Harry. I mean, you could possibly be making stories right now. I don't know. El wouldn't do that. We got into fights but El wouldn't do that especially such as killing and kidnapping." Jade said, shaking her head.

"Jade, El is in prison right now for she is caught using drugs." I seriously can't believe that I'm saying this because way back then, El is such a kind and humble person but then she changed.

"You said you trust me, right? Jade, I'm telling the truth, okay?" I sighed. "I know that it's not easy to believe all of this because when Selena told me everything, I didn't believe at her first, too, but then everything came out as a 'connect-the-dot' conclusion."

"So you're telling me that El is the reason why we've been so complicated? That she's the reason why you're stuck in a fake relationship with Selena?" She asked, her tone unsure. "Harry, I really don't know what to believe now but you coming back is such a relief because it makes me feel like you still care about me and you didn't forget everything that happened between us."

I stepped closer towards where she is standing...

"I still care about you, Jade, and don't even dare tell me that I forgot about everything because there was never a day that I didn't miss you. I love you so much that even if you break up with me right now, as long as you're happy even though I'll be completely broken after, it's okay. As long as you're happy." My voice cracked when I said those words but I guess we both are just good as friends... never as lovers.

She stayed silent and her head is facing the floor tiles. I waited for her reply but she was completely still, silently sobbing which I also found myself doing the same thing. Is this seriously the end for us?

I guess her silence means yes and that's my cue to leave... for good.

When I'm already at their gate, I heard her yell my name.

"So, this is the end for us? You're just going to come back here, explain things to me and then end things with me? Because if this is really it, Harry, I should've known." She's already sobbing really hard and the first thing that I did was hug her and kiss her forehead as tears also rolled down on my cheeks.

I know I'm not ready to just give up everything that we had.

"I'm sorry. I thought you wanted us to end already. I'm really sorry, I love you." I keep on repeating those words to her as I hug her tight like I'm afraid that she might vanish.

"I waited for you for three years, Harry, but I didn't give up. Who am I to give it up now when I finally have you?"

Those words really lifted up ten thousand pounds out of my shoulders. It just feels so good for Jade to say that. To assure me that she'll always love me even though I'm such a fucked-up person.

I'm just so lucky that fate blessed me with a keeper.

--END OF CHAPTER 53--

sorry for the very late update, school has been stressing me out & sorry if this is really short buttt 3 more chapters left oh my :-( but i'll be posting an epilogue as the very last chapter hehe

thank you for reading this, i know i'm such a crappy writer but you guys still took time to appreciate & read my work ily