Chapter 6

SURPRISE UPDATE!

Sorry for the late update! I missed you guys so much! I've been busy because of school stuffs but that won't happen again because...

SCHOOL JUST ENDED!

YES, you read it right. It's summer here in the Philippines so expect that I'll update more chapters for 2 months! :)

Okay, I'm done talking.

Happy reading!

____________________

Jade POV

I was in shock. It's still early in the morning (well, for me, it's early). So, they slept together? The scene in my head make me want to vomit.

"I-It's Jade. Is Harry there?" I said. The last thing I want to do is to talk with her.

"Jade Thirlwall? I know something about you, but never mind. He's sleeping. Are you friends with him?" she said, venom is clear in her voice.

"Ah, no. We aren't." I lied. I'm curious about that something she know about me but I set it aside. I don't want this call to be long enough.

"Then what's your relation with him?" she asked. Shit.

"Um-um.. we're-"

"Well, I don't care. Whatever relationship you have with Harry, just cut it off, slut. I'm his girlfriend, so back off. Have a nice day fantasizing my boyfriend." then the line went dead. Slut? Ha! Is she serious? Look who's talking, Selena. 

I made my way to the bathroom and took a bath.

This day is going to be long.

***

I wear my grey sweater and my black leggings. The weather is cold outside. I made my way to the kitchen which I saw mom with coffee in her hands. 

"Hi jadey, I prefer you already ate your breakfast." mom said.

"Yep." I replied.

"Well, about last night," Oh my god. This is it.

"I already called your Aunt May that you'll be visiting her in a month from now." she said.

As soon as the words came out from her mouth, I hugged my mom tight.

"Thank you, mom. Thank you so much." I said.

"Anything for you, sweetie."

"How about you, mom? You're not going with me?" I said. I forgot about mom. I'm so selfish to leave her alone.

"I'm still on work, sweetie. The company needs me and you know that right? As much as I want to go with you but there's just so many proposals that can be good for our company. I need to work for us, okay?" mom said, smiling at me.

"Mom, we can postpone the dates. I want to help you. I'm so selfish. I'm so sorry-"

"It's okay, sweetie. You should have fun. Aunt May is going to be happy to see you." mom said.

"Okay, mom. But call me anytime when you need me, okay?" I said.

"Got that." mom smiled. 

My phone rang and Harry's name flashed on the screen. I excuse myself and ran to my room.

"Hello?" I said.

"Jade!" He said from the other line.

"Um, hey! Why did you call?" I asked. I was going to ask him about my sweet conversation with his oh-so-kind-girlfriend but I set aside. I don't want to talk about it right now.

"Um-uh, are you and Niall... together?"  I swear I was forcing myself not to laugh but hey, I guess it would be fun if I'll give it a ride.

"Well, we're dating." I lied.

"How come you never told me?" he asked.

"You were busy and I don't want to look like a third wheel in your relationship with Selena. Well, you know, Selena can make me look like a bitch to everyone and-"

"Stop it, jade." he yelled from the other line.

"Why are you protecting the truth-"

"I said, stop it!"  he yelled.

The line went silent.

Why can't he accept the truth that he doesn't deserve her.

"Jade, why can't you just support us? You're my best friend and I expect you to be happy for us. She's my girlfriend and I don't want people talking shit about her especially you," He's right. I shouldn't be acting like this. I'm being selfish. Fuck. "I can't believe you're being like this. You changed. You used to be happy for me. What happened to you?" I swear Harry can hear my sobs right now.

"I-It's not the right time to say this, Harry." I said, my voice came out to be calm. Thank god.

"Is it because that I hid a secret that long? I swear, I tried to face you, Jade, but you were busy with those days and I don't fucking know what to say." 

Well, I was assuming. I'm sorry. My subconscious said.

"W-well, a bit of that but it's okay." I said.

"I'm okay, Harry." I added.

"Then what is the main reason?" he pushed.

"You'll find out, soon." I sighed.

"Jade, just spit it out. Now." he said, threatening me. I'm not going to spill it. Not now.

"Harry, please. Just try to understand me, okay?" I said.

He sighed heavily.

"Okay. I'll try."

"Thank you." I said.

"I'm sorry for what I said earlier. I shouldn't have said that." I added.

"It's okay. Just try to respect her. For me." he said.

"I'm also sorry for yelling at you." he added.

"It's still my fault. No need to say sorry." I said.

"I miss you, Jade. So much." he said, out of the blue.

"I miss you, too, Harry. Um, sorry, but I have to go. I'm sorry for being an ass. Bye." then I hang up.

My life is so messed up. For all those years when I'm with Harry, I didn't have to pretend someone who I'm not. Harry saved me from my sadness from my dad's death. He made me happy. Until, I felt something weird for him. I start to love him more than as a friend, but a nightmare came when I found that he's with Selena. I don't want him to look at me like I'm being selfish but unfortunately, I just did. I came back to my 10-year old self again whose pro of being an introvert, and I guess I'm going to stuck here, pretending it's okay. 

--END OF CHAPTER 6--

Comment your opinions and don't forget to vote if you like the chapter! Love you guys so much x

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @unflawedhoran