Chapter 32

Jade POV

I just finished taking a bath and I don't have any plans for today. My phone rang and El's name flashed on the screen. I'm still mad at her but I guess I should really talk to her to see what's up.

"Hi, El." 

"Jadey! I was just wondering if you can come in my house? I just want to have some girl talk with you because I missed you so much and I'm sure we'll have a lot of talk to do." She said and I smiled at the memory of me and her, talking about the most random things.

"Uh, sure. It's just a walking distance, by the way." 

"Great! I'm having some pancakes and coke." She said and I chuckled.

"Okay. Be right there in a minute!"

I change into my high-waisted shorts and a black crop top. As I walk downstairs, I saw Riley and Luke still watching some movie.

"Hey. Where are you going?" Riley asked.

"Uh, just going to a friend's house for awhile." I said and she nodded.

***

I was already close to El's house because she sent me the address awhile ago but I stopped in my tracks as I saw her, talking to someone on the phone. She didn't see me because she had her back on me but being nosy, I listened to their conversation.

"I know. O my god, I swear. I wasn't surprised when I saw her because she really looks like a bitch way back when." She chuckled. 

She sound so bitter and I wonder who's the person she's talking to and who is she referring.

"Yeah, the plan is still on. No changes." She said, sternly.

"Oh, sure. I'll send you money tomorrow. That's not a problem." She chuckled.

Money? For what?

"She's a fucking bitch and a fucking stealer." She spat and I can't help it anymore because I was getting curious.

"Who's the bitch?" I said and she froze as she heard my voice.

"Uh, I'll call you later. Bye." She hastily said as she faced me, flashing a fake smile.

Really, El? I thought you know better than that.

"What did you say?" She asked.

"I said, who's the bitch and the fucking stealer." I said, normally. 

"Oh." She chuckled. "I was referring to someone I hate in my school, so yeah. Did you just got here?"

"Nah, just enough to hear everything." I shrugged.

"O-Oh." She stuttered. "Well, that's none of your business. Let's go inside?" She said and I swear she's acting really fake so I decided to just go with the flow. I nodded and faked a smile as we head towards their house.

As soon as we we're inside, I saw Lauren, El's mom.

"Jade? Is that you?" Lauren said and I chuckled, nodding at her.

"O my god! You look so beautiful! I'm happy to see you again, dear. I heard you're company is doing well." She chirped.

"Thank you, Lauren. And I'm happy to see you, too, and yes, our company is doing well and we're doing our best." I smiled.

"You're still the Jade I know way back in America. You're still kind, jolly and beautiful as always." She said and I let out a small laugh.

"Thank you, Lau. You haven't changed, too. I missed you guys so much."