Chapter 13

Jade POV

I was taking a rest after reading the book 'The Fault In Stars' by John Green until my phone rang. Mom's name flashed on the screen. I miss her already. 

"How are things going on there, sweetie? I miss you already but the company really needs me. You know that don't you? I hope you understand." She said.

"No, mom. It's okay. Things are good. How are you?" I asked.

"I'm a bit busy. We just had a break time for 1 hour so I decided to call you. By the way, I have good news!"

"Really? What is it?"

"We have new models coming from Canada! We convinced them to be with us and they're going to be here tonight. They're from the Gomez Magazine Company." 

What? Gomez Magazine Company? She has to be kidding me. 

"M-Mom, is it really from the Gomez? Like Selena Gomez?" 

"Yes! Selena Gomez. I've heard that their company isn't doing good in modelling workshops."

"Oh. Are they mad when they knew you convinced some of their models?" I asked.

"Nah. Business is business, sweetie. Things like this normally happen."

"Oh Jade! I'm not going to be there tomorrow. I'm so sorry, sweetie. More photo shoots are coming. My flight is on the next day. And since I'm not going to be there tomorrow, I already asked Mrs. Styles that you'll sleep tonight at theirs. I want your safety, Jade. And I know that things between you and Harry are slowly getting back to normal, so this could be also a step for things to be okay."

WHAT? I'm going to sleep at Harry's?! No. No. No.

"But, mom! I'm going to be okay. I'm an adult, mom. I'm 21!"

"I'm sorry, Jade. But whether you like it or not, you will sleep at theirs." Argh. This can't be happening. I'm still dreaming, right? I pinched my arm but nothing happen. Reality sucks.

"Mom, of all people why at Harry's? I can sleep at someone's house just not at Harry's!"

"I don't trust them, Jade. Harry has been with you for a long time and he's the only one that I can truly trust when it comes to your safety. Please, Jade. I hope you understand."

I bit my bottom lip, not knowing what to say. Sleeping at Harry's? What the hell! But this is just temporary. Just two nights, Jade. You can do this. After all, you'll be going to London.

"Okay okay. I will. Oh my god, I can't believe I'm doing this." I scoffed.

"It's just temporary, sweetie. I'll be there before you know it." 

Argh. I can't believe this is happening. I'm 21 years old and I can take care of myself but really? Harry's house?! She could've choose Niall's. This is unbelievable. 

I check the time and it's already 4:30 in the afternoon. I have to pack some of my clothes. Ugh.

I grab 2 sweatpants, 5 shirts, 3 summer shorts, some blouses and jeans, my favorite denim shorts, and of course undies. Duh.

As I finish packing with just my jansport backpack alone (thankfully), I turn off all the electronics and lock the front gate. 

This is going to be a long 2-day stay.

***

It's 6:00 and I'm still standing outside Harry's house. I don't know what to do. Things would be more awkward. Ugh. 

I head to the door and press the doorbell. Fuck. My hands are sweating.

The door swing open and Harry's eyes were a bit red. Has he been crying?

"W-What happen? Are you crying?" I asked. He seem so... down.

"N-No. I'm not. I just had a runny nose. I'm okay." I know he's lying but I just nodded at him. I know that he doesn't want me to see him cry.

"Wait.. why do you have a bag with you? I thought we're just going to watch movies?" He doesn't know? 

"I-I thought you know. I'm going to stay here for two nights but don't worry. If you don't want me here-"

"Are you kidding me? You're always welcome here, Jade. And if I won't let you, where will you go?" He asked.

"Maybe at Niall's or maybe I'll just.. rent a condo." I said,

"I won't let you stay at someone else's house. You'll be safe here. How come I didn't know?" He said.

"Oh wait! I turned off my phone. I'm sure mom is freaking out but I'll text her later. I'm sorry." He added.

"No, it's okay. You should call your mom... I mean, Anne. You don't want her to be worried, do you?" I said.

"Okay. I'm just going to the kitchen. Just tell me if you need anything." I nodded and search for some good movies in Netflix.

Harry POV

I was shocked when Jade told me she's going to stay here for two nights. Yes, we've been best friends since she was 10 and I was 11 but all those years, we didn't slept at each other's house. It's our first time and I know it's going to be awkward.

I dial mom's number and after the second ring, she picked up.

"Well, thank god, you called." Mom said. 

"I'm sorry. I turned off my phone because I was watching a game." 

"I see. Well, Jade is going to stay there for two nights. Take care of her. Make sure she'll eat three times a day, okay? Check her if she's feeling bad or-"

"Mom, you're overreacting. Of course she'll eat three times a day. I won't let her get sick or something. She's my friend and you know how much I care for her." I said.

"Okay. But Harry,"

"Yes, mom?"

"I always thought about you and Jade. She's not just a random girl you see anywhere, Harry. How come you were so oblivious?" 

"What do you mean I'm so oblivious?" What does mom meant about she's not just a random girl you see anywhere? I'm confused.

She chuckled. 

"You'll see it soon, Harry. I love you. Take care." Then she hang up.

I came back to the living room with a confused look plastered on my face. I don't understand why I'm oblivious as what mom said.

Jade is watching Mean Girls in Netflix. I watch her as she laugh at the scenes.

There's this just one word that I can describe her, which I wish I hope I can say this to her everyday...

She's just so beautiful that she doesn't even have to try.

--END OF CHAPTER 13--

Comment your opinions and don't forget to vote if you like the chapter! I like writing this chapter and I hope you like it as well. :)x

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @unflawedhoran