Chapter 1

Jade Thirlwall and Harry Styles are childhood friends. They've been through ups and downs but fix it like it's just a small thing.

As for them, their friendship is the only thing that keeps them strong.

But what if that precious thing, fades away?

***

Jade POV

That feeling when you have special feelings for someone in front of you but you're just afraid to spit it out because it might end worse than you expected. 

 That's what I'm feeling right now about my childhood best friend, Harry Styles.

I've been falling for him for 5 years... 5 YEARS!

I'm just afraid to spit it out because it might end our friendship or worse. As they say, it will be awkward to be in a relationship with your best friend because he/she knows everything like how the way you eat or how the way you fan girl on the little things. But I have this hope that it will turn out to be good. I'll be finally happy if I'll finally say it to him after waiting for the perfect time, right?

Before I know what's going on, I'm dialing his number...

"Jade!" Harry said in the other line. His tone seems happy and I'm feeling a bit curious for what is the reason. 

"Harry, can I meet you at the park, later? Well, after dinner if it's okay..." I said. My hands are shaking, damn it!

"Sure. What is it all about?" He said.

"You'll know it later. Bye Harry--"

"Wait, I also have something to say." He said, not letting me finish. 

"Oh, what is it?" I said. 

"You will know it later, Jadey. Bye." He hanged up.

What could it be? Is it something good? Well, I hope so.

"Jade!" Mom shouted from downstairs.

"Yeah?" I said. 

"Dinner is ready, sweetie." 

"Okay, I'll be there for a second.." I placed my phone inside my pocket and ran downstairs to eat dinner. Time is running, Jade.

*After dinner*

"Mom?" I said. 

"Yes, sweetie?" she said as she wipe the dishes.

"I'll be out with Harry for awhile. I promise I'll be back before midnight." I said.

"Okay, take care!" she said.

I grab my grey sweater and wear it.

I text Harry that I'm on my way to the park. 

I let out a heavy sigh and began walking to the park. I can't believe I'm saying this to him, finally.

***

As I arrived in the park, I easily spotted Harry wearing a black beanie, black shirt and his favorite black jeans. He turned to my direction and ran towards me...

"Jade!" He said, hugging me.

"Hey!" I said, chuckling. God, I love this boy.

We sat in an empty bench and took a look all over the place. This is becoming more like an awkward timing.

"So, what are you going to tell me?" I said, breaking the silence. 

He let out a sigh and said, "I don't know how to say it, really. I'm afraid that you won't trust me anymore." What?

"Just spit it out. I'll listen, okay?" I said, squeezing his hand.

"Are you sure?" he said.

"Promise." I nodded at him and smiled.

He let out a deep sigh and said...

"Me and Selena are together." 

I bit my lip trying to hold back the tears. Great timing, Jade.

"Why didn't you tell me that you're dating her!?" I snapped.

"Jade, I know you don't like her because for you she's a play girl but I find her amazing like she's really the opposite of what you're thinking.." he said.

"I'm just finding the perfect timing to tell you this--"

"Since when are you together?" I said, not letting him finish.

"3 weeks ago.." he said, looking away.

I stayed in silence, gathering myself not to cry in front of him. The last thing I want to do is to cry in front of him and I guess the perfect thing to do is go home or hang out somewhere where Harry isn't there. How I wish that I'll get hit by a car and have an amnesia forever.. just not to remember this day, this very hour.

"Jade, are you okay? he said, lifting my cheek. 

"Y-yeah. I'm good." I said, forcing a smile.

"You're faking it.." he said, frowning.

"N-no, I'm just caught off guard..." I said.

"I have to go, Harry. It's almost midnight.." I added. 

"What? It's still 8:45 in the evening, Jade. Seriously?" He said.

"Jade, what's going on? You seem so broken.."

I am, Harry. My subconscious said.

"I'm not, Harry. I just want to go home. I'm tired." I said.

"You're the one inviting me this and you're going home because you're tired? Damn it, Jade. Spit it out!" He said, making his voice high.

"I-I'm sorry. I forgot I still have a talk with Niall.." I lied.

"Niall? About what?" He said, raising his voice.

"None of your business." I said. 

I started to walk away from him but I suddenly felt a tight grip around my wrist...

"No, you're not walking away." He growled.

"You don't have to instruct me what to do, Harry. Now, let me go." He let out a deep sigh and loosened his grip.

"I'm sorry, Jade." he said, looking down his shoes like it's the most adorable thing.

"Wait, you have something to say, right?" He added, meeting my gaze.

"Forget about it." I said.

"I'm so sorry, Jade." he said.

I simply nodded and forced a smile.

"You can tell me about it, okay? Anytime. I'm always here, Jade." His words are making things harder. I want to hate him but I just can't. 

"Okay." I walked away from him, bitting my bottom lip to stop the tears from falling..

For the last time, I turned to him and said, 

"I'm happy for you and Selena."

He simply nodded and looked down.

I ran away from the park, tears rolling down in my cheeks.

It's your fault, Jade. You're too late.

--END OF CHAPTER 1--

What do you think of the first chapter? Comment your opinions and I'll be happy to read it. Sorry for the mishaps and some of the grammars. I hope you liked it!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @unflawedhoran