Chapter 39

Jade POV

I was woken up by a ring from my phone. God, really? Am I cursed to be woken up by a phone call or a text message early in the morning? Ugh. I grab my phone who is still ringing and I pray to God that Harry won't wake up because by the look of him, he's really tired. Mom's name flashed on the screen and I didn't hesitate to press the answer button because what if it's an emergency? God, I hope not.

"Mom?" I said but not enough for Harry to wake up.

"Jadey! Did I wake you up?"

"Well, obviously." I rolled my eyes even though she can't see me.

"I'm so sorry. I just miss you so much." She said as her voice breaks at the end and it made me feel bad. 

"Awwe, mom. It's okay and I'm sorry because I left you alone." 

"No. It's really okay, Jade. I just want to say something important and I decided to call you than to text you because it's just really important." She said and I wonder what she'll be going to say especially that she mentioned 'important'.

"Sure, mom. What is it?"

"I need you to be our next model."

As soon as those words left from her mouth, it felt like I am floating. I'm shocked. Really shocked. I don't know what to say, really.

"M-Mom, are you sure?" 

"I'm sure, sweetie. I really need you because there is this company that wants to advertise their clothes and we already checked our models but the style doesn't fit them and all the staffs, including me, discussed about this and we already finalize everything that you will be the one who'll advertise it for the company because it will be a new world for our company. And you'll be a great help." I still can't believe this. It's way too early to discuss this and my brain isn't working in this kind of situations especially early in the morning. Wow. The sun just rose minutes ago and then I'm already bombarded with this. 

"Mom, I.. I don't know," I stuttered. "I'm in shock, okay? I-"

"It's okay, sweetie. I know you need time but please, please. Think of it for me, okay? It'll be a great help." She said. I really don't know what to do and how to deal with this thing because I really want to help my mom but things are just going too fast.

"Okay, mom. I'll call you if I already made my mind. I'm so sorry." 

"Stop saying sorry. It's okay. I know that things are going too fast but you have to make your decision before the month ends. They're really looking up to see you, Jade. This is one of my wishes for you and I hope you think wisely, okay?" She said and I let out a sigh.

"Okay, mom. I'll call you before the month ends. I love you." 

"I love you, too, Jade." And with that, the line went dead. I didn't really expect this and I only have like 2 weeks to make the decision before the month ends. I would love to help my mom, really, but things are just moving too fast. 

I looked down to Harry and I didn't even notice that he has his arm around my waist all the time and I can't help but smile like an idiot right now. He's creating soft snores and I grab my phone to snap a picture of him. He looks very handsome with that plump lips of his. I was scanning his face and I can't even find a single flaw. For me, he's perfect.

I crawl under the sheets with him and I didn't mind his arm around my waist because I feel safe. I bury my head to his chest and listen to his heart beat and with that, I fall asleep for the second time with him.

***

I feel hands caressing my cheeks and it's tickling me. I heard a raspy chuckle and it made me wake up to reality. I prop my elbows and slowly blink my eyes to see a shirtless Harry. Holy shit.