Chapter 16

Jade POV

I decided to stroll around the mall for awhile because I don't feel like going home, I mean going home at Harry's. 

I found a cute store on sale for cute dresses and tops. 

"Hi, may I help you?" A woman who looks like in her 40's said, smiling.

"Uh, can you help me find dresses that suits me? Not a tight one, please." I smiled.

"Sure, come with me." She said, heading to a rack of pastel colored dresses.

After a few minutes, the lady handed me 4 dresses which are really cute.

"Thanks." I smiled.

"No problem. I'm sure the white one looks stunning on you." She winked and walked away.

I head to the dressing room to try the dresses.

First, I fit the navy blue one which ended just below my thighs. It looks good and perfect for the summer weather.

Next, I fit the gray one which is a bubble dress with no straps. It looks so stylish but a plain one.

Then, I fit the summer dress which has blue-white ombre style on it. I'll absolutely buy this one.

Lastly, I fit the last dress which is the white one which the woman recommends that it'll look stunning on me. It has an open back style but not too exposed. It's a long dress which leveled below my feet. 

***

I head to the cashier and buy the dresses. It all looks cute so I decided to buy all of it.

It's already 12:00 noon and my phone rang. It's Niall.

"I just came from Harry's. Where are you? Harry said you left early."

"Well, hello to you, too." I chuckled.

"I'm at the mall. Just strolling around. I left early because we had a fight." I scoffed.

"Again?" 

"Nah, it's just a small thing, so I decided to stroll around. I'm having lunch here at the food court, wanna come?" I said.

"Sure. I'm off there. Bye." Then the line went dead.

I decided to have some fried chicken for lunch and lots of gravy. My favorite.

"Boo!" I squeaked.

The person laughed and I can tell it's Niall.

"Idiot." I said, glaring at him. He pouts and sat across me.

"So, I thought we're going at Starbucks." He said.

"My day is a mess. Sorry. We can just talk here." I said, looking down.

"It's okay. I understand." He said, smiling sadly.

I sighed heavily and started talking,

"I'm staying at Harry's because my mom told me to even though I don't like staying at theirs and you know what's the reason. Until last night," I sighed.

"He just hugged me from behind when I was sleeping. It was so... unexpected, you know? We're best friends and he haven't hugged me from behind in between sleeps. It feels so... surreal. He's been acting weird lately. He told me he knew that I'm cold, but I didn't feel any sign of being cold at that time, even though it was raining hard." I said.

"Wow. He really is acting weird." He said, shaking his head.

"I know right? This morning, he was mad because I told him I'm going out with you. I don't know why he hates you. He finds you childish." I chuckled.