Chapter 55

Jade POV

*6 months later*

My head feels so dizzy that I feel like puking. My hands are cold and sweaty, and every time I tried to open my eyes I see black dots in my vision. My head feel so heavy that a small movement would cause a stinging pain rush in my temples. I shifted my body a bit and when my vision is finally regaining back, the first thing that I saw is a faint light and a mint green wall.

Where am I?

I tried moving my body and fortunately, I'm fine and I don't have any broken bones. I'm wearing a sky blue shirt that ends up just above my knees and that's when realization hit me... I'm in a hospital. Shit, what happened? I can't really move my head that much since it would only make me feel even dizzier.

"You're awake." The voice came from my right where Kate is sitting on a small couch. She looks tired; she must've been taking care of me when I was unconscious which makes me feel bad because I might be disturbing her time with Zayn.

"Hey, uh, what happened? Why am I here?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows in concern. I hope nothing really bad happened. I just noticed that my right hand is pierced with dextrose. Thank God I was unconscious when they put that because I freaking hate needles.

"You passed out during your photoshoot last night," She frowns. "Did you skip eating dinner last night? We're worried about you, Jade." She sighs. I do remember having my photoshoot last night and I remember eating Chinese food with Lizzie for dinner because skipping meals is not a good idea especially that I had a lot of photoshoots going on lately.

"Oh, but I ate dinner last night, that's for sure. I think it's because I was really tired last night because of the whole-day photoshoot, no need to rush me here, actually." I shrug. I'm okay except for the head ache that I'm feeling right now but it's nothing serious.

"Well, your manager rushed you here because you were sweating cold and you were getting pale. She's concerned about your health and we are, too. It's good to know you're now feeling okay," She sighed in relief. I love my friends. "Your mom was here last night but she had to go home to rest. She'll be back later, I guess." She shrugs.

"What time is it?"

"It's 5:00 in the morning. You still have plenty of time to sleep before some people will visit you. Get some rest, Jade." She said, but I think she's the one who needs it the most.

"I'm okay now, Kate. You should be the one who should get some rest since you look really tired. Thanks for taking care of me, you're the best." I smiled and she just nodded, flashing me a tired smile.

She flops back to the couch and nuzzle her face to the pillow.

As much as I'm thankful that Kate was here with me all throughout, a part of me is sad since she didn't mention about Harry going in here. Maybe he's still busy with work? But he could've called or text or maybe visited me last night when I was unconscious.

"Um, Kate, where's Harry?" I can't help but ask.

"He wasn't able to visit you last night since he was having an important meeting but he called last night and told me he'll visit you first thing in the morning." She said. The thought of him coming here is enough to make me feel relief. I thought he ditched me and chose not to care but who am I kidding, it's Harry and caring is like a second nature to him even if he masks it sometimes.

Kate is now heavily asleep on the couch and I'm left playing some games on my phone while waiting for Harry. I hope he's really coming, I need him and I missed our every-night-cuddles which me missed last night.