Chapter 29

Jade POV

Kate and I slowly walk to where we sat with El and flash our fake smile to her and I can tap ourselves at the back for being a good actress because El seemed to buy it.

We sat in our seats as I took a bite from my cheesecake.

"I'm so glad to meet you after 3 years, Jade. You know that I always pray for this to happen." She chirped and I let out a small laugh.

"Me, too. I missed you and I was quite shock to see your new 'self'." I said and she flashed a grin.

"Well, it's been 3 years but I'm still the same, don't worry." She assured me and I gave her a fake smile.

"Well.. as you we're saying earlier. I heard Selena was now back in America because I saw it in the news if that's bothering you." She said and I was quite buying it. I glance at Kate and she just shrugged at me. Maybe Kate and I we're just over-thinking things and of course, I just met El after 3 years and I'm sure many things happen after those years without seeing each other. 

"Oh, okay and nope, it's not bothering me, actually but I was just shocked. I'm sorry." I said and she nodded in understanding. I just thought that she was being weird to me but I guess, it's her new self and I should respect that. She's my best friend.

"It's okay. Now, let's go and have a shopping spree!" She chirped and we all laughed.

***

We we're now strolling around the mall, stopping by if we saw a cute outfit on sale and talking about the most random things. Each of us had bags with clothes that we just bought and so far, so good.

"So, you guys up for some dinner?" El asked. To be honest, I would really want to spend more time with her but of course, I have to go home early because I'm just borrowing Luke's car and what if he's going to need it?

"I would really like to but I'm so sorry. I was just borrowing my cousin's car and I have to go home early." I said and El smirked.

"Borrowing someone's car? Jade, please. You should buy your own." El said, chuckling and again, I felt something weird when she always react that way and again, I was caught off guard. 

"I'm saving for it, actually." I said and she just rolled her eyes. What the hell? I was about to protest when Kate grip my hand to stop me. I sighed heavily and shot El a death glare even though she had her back on us.

"Uh, El, we have to head home now. Thank you for your time." I said, flashing her my fake smile and she just nodded.

"Okay. Bye." She said.

I grab Kate's hand and we head to the parking lot outside. As soon as we arrive at the parking area, I can't help but yell.

"What the fuck is wrong with her?!" I said, glancing at Kate.

"She doesn't look like a trusted person, to be honest." She said and I groaned.

"She doesn't act like that before. How come she choose to be bitchy?" I growled.

"Well, people change, Jade. You should, at least, ask her what's happening why is she acting weird and all that." She said and I sighed heavily.

"You're right. We never know if we never ask." I said and she nodded.

"That's the spirit!" She cheered and I chuckled.

***

By now, I'm already in the kitchen, eating dinner with Luke and Riley. I decided to take Kate to the apartment she was renting earlier because it's the least I can do for her because she doesn't have a car and I won't let her get a cab or something because she needs to save money for her expenses and especially, for her ticket back to Australia.