Chapter 2

Jade POV

As I open the front door in our house, my mom is already sitting on the couch, watching movies. 

Night routine.

"How's the walk with Harry, sweetie?" Mom said, tapping the space beside her in the couch telling me to sit beside her which I accepted right away. 

"It was good." I lied, forcing a smile. 

Mom scanned my face and she frowns.

"Jade, have you been crying?" Mom said, her voice is full of concern.

"What? No, mom. Of course not. Why would I?" I said, being too defensive.

"I'm not stupid, Jade. What did Harry do?" she said, keeping her voice calm. 

"Just a small thing, mom. Forget about it." I said, looking away.

"It doesn't seem to be just a small thing because if it is really is a small thing, you wouldn't be crying." Mom said.

I bit my bottom lip trying to stop the tears. Mom stood up at her feet and hugged me tight. 

And that's where I lost it.

I burst into tears. I feel like I'm overreacting in front of my mom just because of Harry but I set it aside. I need a friend right now, which is my mom. 

"Shhh, it's okay, sweetie. Everything will be okay with you and Harry." I nodded on her chest.

I somehow feel a bit safe with my mom.

I pulled away from her hug and said, "I love you, mom." 

She smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

"I love you, too, sweetie. Now go to bed and get some rest." she said, squeezing my hand.

I nod at her and ran upstairs to my room.

I checked my phone and got 2 messages from Harry.

"I'm always right here, Jade."

"I'm sorry, Jade. I hope we can fix this out." 

I replied at him,

"It's okay. Don't worry."

As soon as the message was sent, I dialed Niall's number. We didn't talk for 2 days and I missed him already. After two rings, he picked up.

"Jade, I saw you at the park, earlier." Oh great.

"And you're crying." he added.

"How did you--" 

"You bumped at me. Oh yes, I don't blame you because again, you've been crying." 

I bumped at him? I didn't remember. 

"Oh, sorry." I said.

"It's okay. By the way, why are you crying?"

I let out a deep sigh. I trust Niall. We've been best friends from 8th grade. Maybe I should tell him about my feelings for Harry. 

"I will tell you everything by tomorrow." I said.

"Is it about Harry?" he said.

"I saw him earlier at the park. He seem lost." he added.

"Well, yes. It's about him." I said. 

He sighed on the other line and said,

"I hope you're okay, Jade. We will talk about it tomorrow, okay? I'll pick you up at 4:00 in the afternoon. "