Mysterious light

"Rookies, this is Jenna speaking. I'm your UNICORNS Captain today. Ten minutes ago, there was an abnormal Metaflux explosion at this abandoned base for Protocore research"

I was on my first mission in an abandond base in search of some wanderers. While I was scanning The fluctuations are stronger. I'm closer to the source.

"Oh" I turned to see the same girl from the ceremony "Your Evol's even better than the detector. Hi, I'm Tara. Remember me? I was standing next to you during the badge ceremony."

"Of course. I'm silver. We're lucky to be on the same squad. Do you want to work together?"

"Sure! The tarot reading I did yesterday told me that I would be super lucky today." Then she looks at her scanner "look Wanderers! They're here. ...The highest threat level here is only B, which matches the fluctuation we just felt."

"A fluctuation doesn't have a set value... Something's off."

"Why don't we split up and look around first? Just to be safe." Tara suggested.

"Sure, I'll go inside then." I said.

"I'll scout the perimeter to see how far these fluctuations go. We'll regroup here once we're done. Be careful"

"You too"

Tara and I split up as I looked around the base There's clearly been a Metaflux explosion, but it doesn't match the Wanderers' threat level...
Something's not right.

Then I thought I saw something I pulled out my gun for my safety. I looked around and saw someone there.

A hunter? Are they also here for the mission? I walked closer to see him he had silver hair and a white hunter uniform. I looked to see if he's injured.

There are traces of Metaflux on him. As if he was attacked...

"Hey" I poked him to see if he would wake up. No luck. I went to call for back up.

Out of nowhere he grabbed my arm "quiet" he said. He looked fine like nothing had happened to him.

"Are you all right?" I asked in concern.

"I'm fine.but you.."

He couldn't finish when we heard something "Fluctuations!"

"Watch out"I watched him took out his sword and his Evol which shocked me and the fact how beautiful he looked. "It activated its Protofield. You're a hunter, right? Let's defeat it together" I nod as we got ready to fight the wanderers.